I guess they're still in bidness......they are updating their Facebook page. That's the reason I posted the other site that sells them.

They say you can make the reeds out of a latex glove, but I have never been able to do that and get a good sound with them. I always get replacement reeds from a vendor.

The reeds CAN be a little tricky to get on right and get tuned, but once you get the opening and tension the way it works best for you, you are set.

Primos makes a tube that takes a "snap on" reed. I have never tried nor heard one.

I bought a REALLLLLL nice LOOKING tube call at a Turkey Show a good number of years ago. This thing was hand made, signed by the maker, and was beautiful.....but I could not get it to run anywhere near as good as that little Lost Hen call.

Another call that you rarely see anyone using is the Trumpet Call. These were very popular about 100 years ago, and there are a few artisans making custom ones. There is one fellow around these parts that makes some jim dandy ones, his name is Billy Buice. He makes the bodies out of different exotic woods......cocobolo, ebony, orange osage etc. The different woods make different sounds. He also makes different sized holes in the mouthpieces, which also change the sound. These are run like a wingbone call. Mr. Buice also makes some very nice box calls. I have one of his trumpets and one of his boxes, and I cherish them both.

I tried to find Billy on the web, but I recon he don't do the Internet. I did find a little something though.....
http://www.customcalls.com/cgi-bin/y...num=1137536537