Thread: Hey Cappy ... I scored you an even 10-pack!

Hey Cappy ... I scored you an even 10-pack!

I attended an estate sale of an ex-antique car collector this morning. The family had pretty much pillaged the place and took what they wanted, then left the rest for the sale. I dug through all the oil, grease and dirt in the garage and dug up a pretty nice pile of old tools to sell on eBay. The old guy running the sale was pretty proud of 'em (actually I think the family got involved with the pricing), but after all the work I'd gone through, I scarfed 'em up anyway. There's still enough meat on the bone to come out ahead I think. Anyway, I ended up with a nice little handful of Ford tools in the mix and have 'em set aside for you if you want 'em. Just give me the word and they're yours. I'll post some pics and maybe you can give me a little feedback if you can ID them better than my basic description.

Here's a nice little 8" monkey/pipe wrench.

9fordwrenches 001.JPG 9fordwrenches 002.JPG

And this one looks like it may have a lug (?) wrench on one end. The wrench is a hair over 11" long.

9fordwrenches 006.JPG 9fordwrenches 007.JPG

This one is a 10" wrench. It's boxed on one end with an open end and with an extra "box" cut-out.

9fordwrenches 010.JPG 9fordwrenches 011.JPG

This is another 10" wrench with a bit of an "S" curve to the shaft to give it a bit of offset.

9fordwrenches 012.JPG 9fordwrenches 013.JPG

Somehow, I ended up with a total of THREE 9" plow wrenches! (when it rains, it pours I suppose)

9fordwrenches 004.JPG 9fordwrenches 005.JPG

I snagged a couple more 5 1/2" open-ended wrenches.

9fordwrenches 014.JPG 9fordwrenches 015.JPG

Add this one that I dropped off with you a few days ago and you have a perfect 10-pack!

fordwrench0117 001.JPG

Man yea. All of those look very cool and I'd love to have em. Just shoot me an email on what I owe you and I'll send a check. No need to ship them I'm sure I'll be back down to Florida soon and will pick them up.
    Are all the plow wrenches the same size? As in 7/8"?? If so I would only need one of them if you want to sell the others on eBay. If they are all different sizes I'd like to have all of them (if I can afford em)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

There are no size markings on the plow wrenches Cappy. When I close my left eye and look at 'em with my calibrated eyeball, they appear to all be the same size. I'll dig around and see what these things are worth and make you a deal you can't refuse.

Ha ha! I'm researching one little adjustable wrench I bought also. It's a British wrench (for Bentley, Jaguar, Austin, etc. tool kits) made by "King Dick". (ya' think there's a connection to Richard Petty?)

kingdickwrench 002.JPG kingdickwrench 005.JPG

Dang Cappy ... ya' missed it! An auction closed Monday on a tool kit for an 8N tractor. Ya' could'a done some one-stop shopping!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-8N-Trac...p2047675.l2557

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Dang Cappy ... ya' missed it! An auction closed Monday on a tool kit for an 8N tractor. Ya' could'a done some one-stop shopping!
    Then what would I need you for? It's a lot more fun giving you a mission than to just go out and buy a kit...
    Never figured I'd get a complete kit, just figured I'd get a few of the old ford wrenches to put in the tool box....

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Good point ... Thanks, I like being a professional picker. (P-hole's cue for a nose joke)

Yea now that you had to give up your job as a professional baiter, or Master-Baiter, I reckon you can be the Master-Picker ...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    These guys...

American-Pickers.jpg

Aint Got Shit on the Thumper!!!

neanderthal1.jpg

Thumper does sorta look like a cross between Mike and Frank! Maybe they got a little too lonely one night on the road...

Thanks Airbud. Those guys have my dream job!

Oh, and BITE ME Cappy!

Oooops, change the title of this thread to an "11-pack" Cappy. I just finished digging through those tools and found a straggler in the bottom of the box, so I'll add it to your pile. The good news is ... it's a different size than any of the other end wrenches! The bad news is ... you might want to look into taking out a second mortgage!

fordwrenches 001.JPG fordwrenches 002.JPG

So is there some sort of tool box on those old tractors where those tools were kept, or is it part of a tool kit you just kept in the truck?
    BKB

WOW! You are a man on a mission! Thanks. Look like I might have to go out and start selling my body.
    Barry there is a tool box on the 8N located under the hood just above the battery.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    To my knowledge it is pretty standard for all motorized farm equipment to have an on-board tool box.

Looks like the one on the Ford should be about full.

Regarding the two open end wrenches (next to last photos on the original post), someone told me the one with the sort of "diamond shaped" center (fatter in the middle) is for a Model T. No clue if that's correct or not .. but it's shape is a bit different than the other open end wrenches I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    ...Look like I might have to go out and start selling my body. ...
    I don't recommend doing that. You may wind up getting shortchanged

see what I did there?
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Not if he charges by the pound!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Or worse yet ... by the inch! (either height OR length)

Bite me all of youse....