Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Hoopty

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

My new Hoopty

Bit the bullet. Tahoe has 200,000 miles. I needed something to pull that danged camper more easily. And, at this age, I needed one last truck most likely.

So I bit the bullet. Long story, but found a semi-decent salesman that found me a deal on a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 LTZ with Diesel, for what I could have gotten the end-of-model-year pricing on for a 2014........I told him "Either beat this or I'll just try to find a 2014 that has what I want on it"........ Well, I was bluffing cause the 2015 was what I wanted. They have some super/uber neat stuff on it that I wanted.

He called and said "I'm in your driveway". I looked at it, and it did have everything I wanted, but trouble was, it had a bit MORE than I needed. But, he gave it to me for $2,000 less than the pretty good deal that I had on the 2014!!! So.......I bit the bullet.

Has more bells and whistles than a freight train. Backup camera on a huge display, ESC, Hill assist, exhaust brake, and dang thing even knows if I fall asleep and swerve out of my lane!!! I can't figure out how......but it works.

Took the Tahoe into the dealer and had the 175 point inspection. It needed brakes, which I figured.......and a new oil pan gasket. Other than that, he said it was in almost perfect shape and was "in the year range" (??) that they were/are almost indestructible. I swear, you guys diss Chevy, but that Tahoe makes a liar out of all youse guise. It has been an amazing vehicle. So, I'm selling it to my son. Good as it was, they wouldn't give me doodley squat on a tradein, so I'm just selling it to him. He was about to have to buy one, so this helps both of us.

Here she is:

Big display (turned off) and a row of buttons at the bottom that have every option other than buttwipers.

Big back seat, 60/40:

WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Oh. I decided against paying the dealer his price for spray on bedliner and nerf bars and all that..........so I'm trying to find 'em elsewhere. Got to find something to step on or else carry two stepladders with me.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

NOTHING on earth beats that "new car" smell. Congrats. I'm getting a BAD case of the "I wants" lately. My '07 has a whopping 18,000 miles on it now, so I'm a nutbag for even thinking about a new truck.

Have fun with it Bill. Stash a pair of leather gloves somewhere you can get to 'em easily ... fueling up those diesels can get a bit nasty sometimes. (I'm speaking from experience).

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    That is one sweet ride
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Nice Ride! you will not have a problem pulling that camper now! Congrats and I see you bought a REAL truck...
    Take Care, Captain
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Nice ride!
    You need a ladder to help mamma get up in that thing too!
    Also - I still kick myself for selling our2001 Tahoe when I bought this truck two years ago.
    It had 180k on it. Ran like a TOP!
    I did get premium price for it though. Some guy saw it on craigslist. Came over, drove it. I handed him every service record ever done on the thing (including oil changes every 3,000 miles with Mobil one synthetic an a wix filter).

He handed me 7,000 and drove off.

"High" retail was 6700 IIRC (that was for jb! )

I can't figure out how the new cars know when you leave the lane you are in.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Wow, that's a NICE truck! Congrats. You should be able to pull your RV and your house at the same time. Does the new Duramax use that urea injection system?

Oh and being the noticer I am, when you get done trimming the Crape Myrtles, and cutting back the Monkey Grass, how about get on that driveway with a pressure washer. That way it will match the new concrete.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Which ones are the crepe myrtles, again?

Johnboy, I got NO clue!!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Talk about riding in style, VERY nice!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Sweet!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Beautiful...Nice Truck/Badass Truck....You done good Bro...

Nice truck Bucky boy! If that's really your last one we'll see about some sort of viking send off with you in it
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

nice ride

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Nice truck, I know you've been wanting one like this, hope it works out that it's all you wished for.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    As much as I dislike GM products I have to say that is one great looking pick up. Hope it treats you as well as your Tahoe did.

Looking again and I'm just curious as to where are you going to put your gun with that fancy counsel in the road?

Bwana, please repeat the question in Southern. You lost me!!!

I just picked up the Tahoe from the dealer/shop. Tune up, oil pan gasket, and brakes....oh, plus transmission fluid changeout.

He said "I would drive this vehicle to California and back, repeatedly, in a heartbeat. This is in as good a shape as any vehicle we've had in here in years".

Mileage 196,789

Bucky, when we go hunting up here or even out for a Sunday drive where a critter that needs shooting might appear, we routinely do so with the gun sitting beside us where the counsel is in your pickup. In other words when you are driving the muzzle of the gun is resting on the floor below the radio and the butt against the seat immediately to your right for easy access. Not going to be easy to do with that fancy new rig.

oh.
    Spell check
    Counsel = Console

I guess we don't do road hunting down here. That's highly illegal. I'd never do such a thing. No way. None. No sir, I never do that. Besides, a truck is to get you TO camp. After that, God invented wheelies to get you TO the hunting area.

And if your attorney loses the case against the thief who stole your console, you may need to console the counsel.

"I guess we don't do road hunting down here. That's highly illegal. I'd never do such a thing. No way. None. No sir, I never do that. "

No wonder he never gets nothin.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Skyz View Post
    "I guess we don't do road hunting down here. That's highly illegal. I'd never do such a thing. No way. None. No sir, I never do that. "

No wonder he never gets nothin.
    Ha ha ha! I have to admit ... I busted out laughing after reading that. Reminded me of a long-ago raid on All Outdoors for a certain Good Hunting membership recruiting drive.

(Note: the "smiley" at the end of the above post says it all.)

Bucky,
    It isn't road hunting, it is being prepared in case the opportunity arises.

Not all of us are landed gentry who can putter to our heated and elevated stand in a golf cart to wait for Bambi to appear. That being said, I wish I was in that boat. Maybe someday but in the mean time if you ever want to learn how to hunt like a heathen…

Yeah..........being prepared in case the opportunity arises ON A ROAD.

So, your trucks don't have consoles????? I guess you DO have really good power windows, right?

And it's not a golf cart. Golf carts would get stuck. They DO have a roof though!!!!

Bucky's ATV...

Bwana and Big Sky's "Deer Stand"..........

At least it's a Toyota!

That would never do Bucky, all that crap would fly off while in hot pursuit.