Thread: Hey Cappy ... figured I'd ask.

Hey Cappy ... figured I'd ask.

I've been going through that load of old tools I bought, researching them and slowly getting them listed on eBay. Of course I put the FORD tools aside for you (other than the two duplicate plow wrenches). BUT ... I was getting ready to list this one and then it hit me, maybe I'd run it by you first, in the off-chance you may want it. It's a 9" Moore Drop Forging Co. monkey wrench. Moore made some of the wrenches for Ford and this particular wrench seems to have been made for the model "T", "A" and tractor according to my research. Problem is, this one is not marked "Ford". It's a persact duplicate, so I assume Moore made the same wrench for Ford as well as consumer use. Not the "real" thing, but I'll hold it if you want it. If not, I'll find another sucker .... errr, I mean BUYER!!!!

The pics with the BLUE background is my wrench, the manual background is the Ford wrench I found on the net. They're both 9" wrenches.

moorewrench 001.JPG

moorewrench 002.JPG

moorewrench 003.JPG

moorewrench 005.JPG

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    I got one like that, patent 1911

100_5308.JPG

Cool looking wrench and I'd love to have it.
    I NEED to settle up with you on the stockpile you got now before I ax you to "hold" anymore.... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Thump, mine is just like that and says Ford on it, always figured it as a Model A or T.
    What are you finding it's worth ?
    Mine goes to the Captain next if we ever meet again.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Cappy needs that one to lip his fish with...........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Yeppers Airbud ... that's an old Trimo. I have one'a those here also ...

Bubba, they're not really setting the world on fire for some reason. Some are going for $10 and some are going for $20 .... the average seems to be around $15.00 total. The odd thing is, it seems the Moore and the Ford wrenches are bringing about the same money. Which brings up another question. Cappy, if Bubba is bringing you a (Moore) "Ford" wrench, do you still want the "basic" Moore?

Bubba, I also have another Ford wrench put aside for Cappy, but it's an 8" wrench (as opposed to the 9" above). Not sure who the maker is ... the only other markings (other than Ford U.S.A.) is the letter "M" ... not sure if that stands for "Moore" or not.

9fordwrenches 001.JPG 9fordwrenches 002.JPG