Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The results are in...

I THOUGHT those boys were gonna give us a bit of competition ... but it was lights-out a little on the early side once the going got tough. Dang amateur youngin's!

That waitress was kinda hot ... I think she wanted me!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I THOUGHT those boys were gonna give us a bit of competition ... but it was lights-out a bit on the early side once the going got tough. Dang amateur youngin's! That waitress was kinda hot ... I think she wanted me!
    Yep them youngins could not hang that's for sure
    The waitress thought you reminded her of her grandfather. She wanted ME!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Danged nice mess of fish there, buddy.
    Is that the place where we could not buy a bite back in October?

Did ya get those on Obama or Deere??
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    The waitress thought you reminded her of her grandfather. She wanted ME!
    Ha! It was OBVIOUS she wanted ME! She thought YOU reminded her of her neighbor's Chinese Crested!

Niner I caught them on both and a couple of others. One called tequila sunrise too! They were just "on" and seemed that color was not that important.
    On my way back to the farm and once I get the cows fed I'm gonna head back. However it's 25 degrees right now. Not sure I'm gonna get the same results.

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Oh and Bite me Thumper...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I'm with Larke when it comes to fish in that I prefer saltwater fish for the table. Unless I'm camping or something, my freshwater fishing is almost all catch and release.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Ed, what can we do with these folks? Clearly, when you move East or North, you lose your palate.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

No, I just like fish that tastes like something other than batter it's dipped in and the oil its fried in...

What's wrong with batter and grease? Man-o-man, you ain't even CLOSE to Southern!

There's nothing at all wrong with batter and grease. I just like the fish to have some flavor on its own. If it makes me anymore Southern, I had crispy fried catfish for dinner tonight. (Of course, it was smothered in a spicey Thai red curry sauce with these cute little green peppers..,)

Well, what a coinky-dink. I just finished supper a couple hours ago. Lynn made fresh (caught this morning) Thai style talapia for me ... I had the chili sauce on the side. I'm not much of a fish eater ... but if it has ANYTHING to do with Thailand ... I'll eat it! Makes me feel like I'm "home".

The way she fries it, the meat is soft but the skin is crispy and is eaten as well. (notice: NO breading!)

talapiasupper.jpg

Did you know Talapia is a bottom feeding fish like a carp and was considered a trash fish up to just a few years ago. You can grow them in a cesspool (really) and mostly they are grass eaters. They were popular in golf course ponds. Because they are easy to "farm" raise and will raise in about any kind of nasty water, and the unique name they started to gain popularity. They were originally raise for pet food, and keeping moss/grass out of golf course ponds. I personally cannot stand them. Every time I see a restaurant bragging on having "fresh" Talapia I always think that sure ain't nothing to brag about!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/sc...apia.html?_r=0

Yeppers, I know that. Not much different than catfish I suppose. Heck, Foo's "part Korean" and eats carp!

We have a large fish market in town where the local fishermen are usually lined up in the back unloading their daily catches. Everything there is right off the boat. A load of talapia was being unloaded and she grabbed one. I look at 'em as large perch ... Nile Perch!

Heck, if I worried about what critters eat, I prolly wouldn't eat pork! BTW, on a similar note to your story .... did you know lobster used to be a "trash fish" and only fed to convicts or the poor?

Prior to the mid-nineteenth century, lobster was considered a mark of poverty or as a food for indentured servants or lower members of society and servants even specified in employment agreements that they would not eat lobster more than twice per week. Lobster was also commonly served in prisons, much to the displeasure of inmates. American lobster was initially deemed worthy only of being used as fertilizer or fish bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Yeppers, I know that. Not much different than catfish I suppose.
    Nope, Catfish Is Prime rib compared to Talapia... You can compare them Carp and be a LOT closer. They have no taste other than what you put on them and are really not healthy.

Y'all know what Talapia eat????
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

They will eat about anything but Algae, and aquatic grasses and plants are their main source.

" Recent Studies have found that farm-raised Tilapia may cause more inflammation – Farm-raised tilapia has always been a popular source for fish, not only because it is widely available in the US, but it is also very inexpensive. However, before you stock up on Tilapia, you may want to know about its correlation to inflammation. Recent studies have concluded that eating Tilapia may worsen inflammation that can lead to heart disease, arthritis, asthma and a world of other serious health problems. People who resort to eating more fish as a way to get their dose of omega-3-fatty-acids and lessen their risk of heart attacks may want to hold off on the tilapia. In fact, scientists have found that the inflammatory potential of tilapia is far greater than that of a hamburger or pork bacon!"

Well, if it REALLY bugs you that much ... refer to my above post:

We have a large fish market in town where the local fishermen are usually lined up in the back unloading their daily catches. Everything there is right off the boat.
    I don't think they have ANYTHING "farm raised" there.

Hey, I'm NOT a big fish eater and only eat fish about 3 times a year (not counting shell fish) ... so I'm not too worried about it.

They eat fish doo doo.