Thread: Weekends

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Weekends

Spent portions of a past few replenishing the supply of trap loads for this coming season. Though I might load a few more this should be enough.

image-1758925544.jpg

Got 2275 loaded as of now.

Then yesterday decided it was time to make some deer jerky. Started off with 18 lbs of deer and ended up with this:

image-2305452601.jpg

image-939151212.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    That's a good start for the season, you'll need those for all shooter in your family.
    I see you reload Federal, Top Guns, Estates, Gold Medals?
    We're having a real hard time finding powder around here, lucky I still have an 8lb jug of Greendot, but all out of Claydot.
    Primers and shot don't seem to be an issue, but powder is tough.
    I bought 16 bags of really good reclaimed shot last year along with 5 bags of 7 1/2. so I"m pretty good for the season. We're also finding that factory stuff on sale here for $59 a flat is coming real close to reloading costs.
    Have fun shooting, our first registered shoot is two weeks from today, the club will still be snow covered and cold but it is the start of the season.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    jb, haven't had trouble getting any components but some powders have been a problem. 700X has been tough to come by but I was able to snag an 8-lber.

As for hulls, I mostly load AA's but also a fair number of Remingtons. Have some Federal Top Guns but haven't done anything with them yet though I picked up 500 wads for them so will have to give them a try soon.