I've used the gps ones and the remotes are easy to use and you wear them on a lanyard around your neck. I've always used a foot controlled cable style control andtotally had to retrain myself and had it down pat after onlly a day of using it.
The only physical issue I see with the one I used was it had to still be manually deployed andthat required a lot of bending and contorting and I thought the standardgator style mount was easier. They may make one that will autodeploy but theone and only unit I tried didn't.
I wouldn't rule out a transom mount tiller model or even maybe a bow mountvtiller model. The Minnkota Maxxum is one that is pretty versatile. They're easier to raise and lower IMO. Like everything else, the more bells and whistles the more spendy.

What kind of boat and what kind of watervwill you fish? That likely as important as how easy it is to use. The one thing I know for certain is that the wrong trolling motor will frustrate you beyond belief on a little bit of a windy day.

BKB