Niner, the issue I have with my foot control bow mount motor is the foot pedal is connected by a heavy cable(s). This makes for the foot pedal to twist from the position that is comfortable for me to run it.
What I'm going to look for is a bow mount trolling motor that has the lift handle (rope) I can reach from the seat, and I would like to get rid of the stiff cables that connect the control head to the foot controller. A foot control is a must for me. I do not like steering the boat with a hand operated trolling motor. Just a little wind and you spend more time with your hands on the motor than on your rod and reel fishing. I am SO use to working the boat with the foot control and continue to fish that going to something else seems counter productive to me.
I cannot get my head around this iPilot thing. If it is something that you use your hands to operate I don't think it would be for me.
Guess I just need to spend some time at Bass Pro shops and look all the new and exciting things that have now.
Just looking at pictures it would appear they now have a foot controlled, bow mount trolling motor that appears to have some sort of coil wire that goes from the foot control to the motor head. If that is the case and it has the lift cord to put the motor in and out that will be the direction I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner