Thread: Educate me on Bow Mounted Trolling Motors.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Another idea, and MAYBE more economical....maybe not...

I HAVE an old Minnkota 36# thrust transom-mount tiller trolling motor that I've had for.....prolly 20 years so....

I guess, I could try scrounging up the parts and removing the (cast metal) transom mount assembly from the shaft....

Attachment 2792

And re-configuring it with somekindof bow-mounting hardware, like a factory rig....
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MotorGuide-T...dfea28&vxp=mtr

Of course, by the time I pay $200 for a used bow mount....that money could go a LONG way toward the purchase of a brand new unit.

I'm NOT objectionable to a hand controller....but I DO have to have it up front where I can get hold of it. Once I sit down to run the boat & fish, I don't wanna have to be getting up an moving all around the boat.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Niner, if this is the direction you head, please let me know - I have pretty much that same bracket sitting around, doing nothing. We also have the 36-volt trolling motor to go with it - but we replaced it all instead of trying to get the motor repaired. The motor only works on full speed, kinda hard to finesse that on the river!