Thread: Since I KNOW y'all will never check the Fishin' Forum.....

Since I KNOW y'all will never check the Fishin' Forum.....

Need some questions answered on this thread. I KNOW some of y'all are a fountain of information on the subject......

http://www.goodhunting.info/showthre...rolling-Motors
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Niner, I installed a MinnKota Power Drive V2 on my new boat....12 volt-55# thrust-54" shaft....so far, it's the cat's azz....easy to install, operate, and it won't break the bank.

http://www.basspro.com/Minn-Kota-Pow...product/91236/
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 03-25-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Hey Eddie,
    When that trolling motor is not in use, does is fold back flat onto the deck, or does it sit upright like a big pole, or what?
    And how is it deployed? What does the operator have to do? I can't seem to find that kind of info on the 'net about that animal.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Niner, it folds down flat onto the transom....to deploy it, simply flip the collar latch, and push forward on the top of the trolling motor....mine was a little stiff, at first, but a couple of drops of lubricant, easily solved the problem.

It does not have any type of cable or rope to have to pull on to retrieve it or get tangled up....very smart design.

This video might help....and, look to the right side of the screen for more videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3iZDXs0sXc
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 03-29-2014 at 11:13 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    That's what I had that I had to walk to the front of the boat and stand above it to unlatch and deploy it. No pull cable. I got rid of it.

Most people that have it love it, however.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    That's what I had that I had to walk to the front of the boat and stand above it to unlatch and deploy it. No pull cable. I got rid of it.

Most people that have it love it, however.

Then, you did not take the time to read your owner's manual....I can deploy or retrieve this motor with one hand, blind-folded, one leg tied behind me, with a beer in my hand, and won't spill a drop.

(You shoulda been reading your manual, instead of watching that woman breast-feeding at the pizza joint.)
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 03-29-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Fine.

As I said, many people love them. I could also do all that you say, but I had to get out of my seat and walk to front of boat to do so.

I read it, used it, owned it, and didn't like it. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla and strawberry. Ain't no 'right' ice cream. Niner was asking for opinions, and I gave mine. He needs to go use one of these on someone's boat and see what fits his situation.

There's more than one truck, phone, trolling motor, and peanut eating method in the world. These are fine TM's. I said so. I simply said I didn't like them.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Curmudgeon-breast-feeding-boob-watcher.
    Southern Gentleman

Yeah.

I r.