Thread: This week's eBay surprise!

This week's eBay surprise!

Maybe I could make this a weekly feature.

I was at an estate sale a few weeks ago and while digging around in the garage, I came across a couple of chrome tow hooks. They were marked $1.00/each so I picked 'em up on "speculation". I didn't bother to research them first, just figured they HAD to be worth $2.00!

Well, I brought 'em home, wiped 'em down a bit and they had FoMoCo and a part number stamped on them, so the research was easy-peasy. They turned out to be front tow hooks for Ford pick-ups as well as the Expedition I believe. I checked out "The Bay" and (as Edward would say) ... DAAAYYUM! These things are selling for $150-$185 a pair! I took a couple pics, listed them and they sold immediately. Sheeesh, I wonder what they'd cost at some of these "U-Pull-It" type junkyards? Heck, they're only held on with two bolts and are totally exposed and easy to get to, so it would be a piece of cake to remove them. It's a wonder crackheads haven't started "borrowing" them from driveways and parking lots!

Hmmmmm, I may have found a new "business opportunity" here. From razors to tow hooks.

Here's what I'm talkin' 'bout ....

fordtowhooks 001.JPG fordtowhooks 004.JPG

......because Ford's NEEEEEEEED towing so often!!!
    The proof is, as they say, in the pudding.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Ha ha ha! Good one Mr. Crow9! Never thought of that. Odd the big seller is FRONT tow hooks and not "rear" hooks. I should'a realized that myownfineself.