I posted this a week or so ago ... about finding that old "Rotary" car badge at an estate sale of an (ex) car collector. I've never really given these things much thought, but when I came across them, I remembered ol' "Mike & Frank" always buy up any old car club memorabilia. With that in mind, I shelled out $4 in hard, cold cash for a couple of dusty old badges I stumbled across. Here's the one I posted a couple weeks ago. It sold for $52.00 ... I can live with a quick $50.00 profit!

rotaryinternational 002.JPG

Well, I just threw the second badge aside so I could research it ... but I've not been able to find one single word on Mr. Gore's Internet about this club. This is a small town and I figured the interest would be very limited, but I decided to just "wing it" and throw it up on The Bay this afternoon for a 1-week auction. It's pretty crusty, but I figure SOMEONE might want it. Heck, I've already made my $4 back, so I can't lose. Well dang! It was only listed a couple of hours and already has 2 bids! It's only up to $16.50 so far, but heck, I JUST posted it and have all week to go! Anyway, I thought I'd give youse dufes a heads-up if you see any of these old car badge thingies at yard sales and such. So far, they seem to be a pretty hot item. Thanks for the tip Mike & Frank!

lakelandcarclub0329 005.JPG