Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck Cover

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Not trying to get into an argument over what's best on the bed of a pickup. Put on whatever you damm well please. It really doesn't matter to me in the slightest. Whatever floats your boat is good but I, me, personally happen to like full cover canopies to keep my shit dry in the rain that we get a lot of up here. I guess the preference is for roll ups down where you live. Enjoy.

John, I'd love to put a shell on my truck, but damn, every time I go look at them the prices scares me to death. Man, they've gotten pricey. I bought one for old Black Betty, my 90 chevv in about 93 and I think it was $1100 then brand new. The same Leer base model cap sells for about $2000 now. That's two trips to Dogtooth, man!

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Hey that's a really nice setup Bucky. I have one like it that sits on top of the bed rails. At first I worried that hauling things taller than the clearance would be a pain but it only takes a couple minutes to take it off and set it in the bed. Wouldn't go back to the soft covers after having used mine for a few years.

That's a nice truck too. Looks good.

Will