Thread: The life of leisure ....

The life of leisure ....

These are a couple pics taken out of our hotel room window in Savannah. This dude pulled up to the wharf behind the hotel and walked into the lobby to check in while the crew stayed aboard to clean EVERYTHING that didn't move! There are two boats stowed on the frigging deck that I'd be happy to own ... or if not one of those, I'd take either of the jetskis! Must be nice ... but I'll never know the feeling.

boat1.jpg boat2.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Is that river street in savannah Ga?...Love that place/old city stuff, Cool....

I'm upriver about 90 miles...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Drove by that bridge elebbenteen times 2 weeks ago. Dang town has NO bypass. GOT to go through that nutty downtown to get anywhere. Son lives on Wilmington Island.......
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Drove by that bridge elebbenteen times 2 weeks ago. Dang town has NO bypass. GOT to go through that nutty downtown to get anywhere. Son lives on Wilmington Island.......
    Hey Bucky, what you gonna bypass....the ocean...lol

Five Guys Burgers...........and all the rest of the nuttiness on that narrow street.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Damn Thumper you make me homesick. Wish I hadn't sold that boat now.
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I guess he ran out of money before he could buy a trolling motor.
    BKB

Airbud, actually that hotel was the Hyatt on Bay St. right on the river. We changed hotels today and moved into much nicer digs a block from the river ... the Andaz on Barnard Street. Hey Buckster, not sure which 5 Guys you're talkin' about, but we're right next door to them. In fact, they're open 'til 3:00 am, so we'll prolly eat there around 2:00 am or so.

Later ... gonna wash my face ... swallow another percocet and get back out to the party. This is one HECK of a PARTY town BTW. It's been non-stop fun so far.

Yea Thump...Savannah is fun, I wish augusta was/were that cool....

Edit: We got The Masters(golf stuff)this coming week though...
    Last edited by airbud7; 04-05-2014 at 02:08 AM.

I'm gonna HAVE to get down to Savannah one of these days.
    It ain't all that far away..... I guess it just ain't on the way anywhere else is, and is literally a "destination city" kindof thing.
    I DO hear they have some REAL good eateries over there.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I've come to not like the place too very much.............

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Been there a few times, like the water front and touring the old neighborhoods, beautiful homes and gardens.
    Ya gotta thank a Yankee for not burning the place to the ground though.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    I've come to not like the place too very much.............
    Are you joking? Or just being a curmudgeon?

Mr. Crow9, I know what you mean. I've been THROUGH Savannah a bazillion times, but have never stopped and spent any time here. The riverfront area reminded me of Vegas in a way. We were out until 3:00 am and the place was still hopping when we called it quits. Of course, it's a budget trip for us, but we've adapted and learned how to get the most bang for our buck. Both hotels were comp'd ... so that's a major help. Parking in this area is a frigging nightmare and can end up costing as much as your dang lodging if you're not careful. Parking at both hotels is valet only, which at the first place was $48.00 plus tip ... and that's EVERY FRIGGING TIME you came in or out! (In other words, it's cheaper to leave your car in the lot and take a dang cab.) At this place (Andaz), the parking fee includes "in & out", but still pricey as all get-out. The concierge at the riverfront told us how to work around all that and sent us to the Welcome Center down the street. They have a 48-hour parking pass that's good for ANY city owned parking garage (they're EVERYWHERE), lot or meter in town .. for a one-time fee of $12.00! (I think it was $10 for a 24-hr. pass) There was a city garage directly across the street from the hotel and the same garage is basically attached to our second hotel. Everywhere we've been in the city, we've never had a bit of a problem finding free parking. One thing though, you'd BETTER know how to parallel park in this town! Anyway, for anyone coming here for any length of time, that city parking pass is worth it's weight in gold ... WELL worth the $$$. (just leave it on the dash and park practically anywhere)

Ha ha! Just saw your post Bubba! You know, that same thought crossed my mind as we've toured this place. There is some major, big-time history here.

tidbit:

Forrest Gump narrated his life's story in Chippewa Square in Savannah, Georgia as he sat at a bus stop bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Are you joking? Or just being a curmudgeon?

Mr. Crow9, I know what you mean. I've been THROUGH Savannah a bazillion times, but have never stopped and spent any time here. The riverfront area reminded me of Vegas in a way. We were out until 3:00 am and the place was still hopping when we called it quits. Of course, it's a budget trip for us, but we've adapted and learned how to get the most bang for our buck. Both hotels were comp'd ... so that's a major help. Parking in this area is a frigging nightmare and can end up costing as much as your dang lodging if you're not careful. Parking at both hotels is valet only, which at the first place was $48.00 plus tip ... and that's EVERY FRIGGING TIME you came in or out! (In other words, it's cheaper to leave your car in the lot and take a dang cab.) At this place (Andaz), the parking fee includes "in & out", but still pricey as all get-out. The concierge at the riverfront told us how to work around all that and sent us to the Welcome Center down the street. They have a 48-hour parking pass that's good for ANY city owned parking garage (they're EVERYWHERE), lot or meter in town .. for a one-time fee of $12.00! (I think it was $10 for a 24-hr. pass) There was a city garage directly across the street from the hotel and the same garage is basically attached to our second hotel. Everywhere we've been in the city, we've never had a bit of a problem finding free parking. One thing though, you'd BETTER know how to parallel park in this town! Anyway, for anyone coming here for any length of time, that city parking pass is worth it's weight in gold ... WELL worth the $$$. (just leave it on the dash and park practically anywhere)
    Neither.

It's just an expensive place for me..........

There is a Five Guys down in Tulsa but I've not eaten there. I've only been to one in Ashburn and in Dallas. I'm afraid if I went to the one here, I'd weigh three hundred pounds in a month. I love cheeseburgers and they make about the best cheese burger and fries you'll ever stuff in your pie hole. Plus those extry fries are always welcome.

I can put a hurt on a good cheese burger. Its steak and lobster tails at my house tonight though!

BKB