Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bye

Actually, if I remember correctly, I seriously doubt you could handle it any longer than it already is. Like I said, it's been a while, but I "think" it already has 3-4 sections and collapses down to 5-6 feet. I could be way off as I haven't set eyes on it in years.

You are probably right. I remember on the 15 (or 16) foot pole I was using to paint stands with I'd have to put the paint tray a hell of a long way away to pick up paint on my roller. And it was a bit difficult to let it down that far out to pick up more paint. Several more feet out and you would about need a partner to catch the pole about half way and help roll it in the tray...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Well, I got curious and had to go look. I was way off. It's an 8' pole with only two sections (8'-16') ... so it's not much better than what you have. Yeah, I remember persactly what you're talking about. I had a chain of burger joints that I washed once/month and they had one of those big vinyl awnings across the front. I had to hand wash them and it was a royal PITA to scrub, lower the pole to dip in a bucket of cleaner, then raise back to the awning a bazillion times.

I now remember the first one I had ... it had 3-4 sections, but once it was extended, it was too flimsy to work with, so I bought a stouter one.

Here's the persact one I have ... the prices on the net seem to be all over the map, but I didn't check all the shipping prices. On this one, the shipping runs about $20-$25 depending on where it's shipped.

http://www.hardwareandtools.com/Mr-L...653.html?lct=s

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Cappy, this is the site where they sell the components:

http://www.mgs4u.com/shallow-water-boat-anchors.htm

They have all the threaded ends to epoxy on, and 2, 4, and 8 foot pole sections, in 3 colors. Seems you could put together whatever you wanted from here. It looks pretty easy. I'm betting even you could do it.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Thanks Buckster. If I can't figure it out you can come show me how to do it? :-)
    If you are in SC this week come by and I'll give you that old trolling motor and you will have a transom bracket.

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Be there next Monday, the 14th........probably stay through that next weekend. Order me an 8' rod, a 4' rod, and the thread connectors, pointed tip, and t handle and I'll let you pay the shipping costs for my help of showing you how to do it......and I'll pick 'em up next week.

WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Next week in OPENING week of Turkey season in NC I will be hard to find. If I come home in the middle of the week I'll give you a call and you can come get the motor mount if want it.
    Or I could leave it outside my shop and you can pick it up anytime next week.

Don't worry about this Turkey. Not sure a TM motor mount would work anyway. I don't have much room on the bow left...

Holler if you get worn out pulling the trigger. Otherwise, don't sweat it....