Thread: Who would have guessed...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Who would have guessed...

...what a pain in the butt it is when your washing machine breaks down. Ours decided to break last Saturday, right before our big wash day.

Though I don't know a thing about fixing them I do know the repair guys aren't shy about charging for their time. Long story short I finally got the right parts & got it fixed and none too quickly either as a family of five generates a good deal of Landry even when trying not to.

Oh the simple joys in life.

We bought our set in 1989 and I've had them torn down for "this or that" so many times I've lost count. The transmission started leaking on the washer late last year, so I had to declare it "totaled" and replaced the washer. Then the belt broke on our dryer a couple months ago and you have no clue how frustrating it was for me. I'm from the Posthole school of "I ain't gonna pay NOBODY to do what I can do myself". Problem is ... nowadays, I know HOW to fix stuff ... I just CAN'T fix stuff. There was no way I could get down on the floor and dig into the back of that machine with my back the way it is. So, I figured it was 25 years old and worth fixing myself (which I couldn't) but NOT worth PAYING someone to fix. We now have a "new" washer and dryer.

Congrats on "gettin' 'er done"!

Dang Cowboy fans are everywhere.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Never had a problem with my washer or dryer...

maytag.jpg

open-studiuo-close-line.jpg

My old stove works good too

cook-ass.jpg
    Last edited by airbud7; 04-07-2014 at 10:09 AM.

A'bud, ya'll be careful around that old wringer/washer.

sarah-pencil.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

If you ever wondered where the expression "don't get your tit in a ringer" came from that would be it...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!