Thread: Stress

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

Stress

I'm sure JB will be able to relate to this. For any "good" teacher the last two months are pretty darn stressful. Anything that didn't get done during the year has to get done NOW. If one teaches high school, then seniors become a major priority, and that they pass their classes. Some of those seniors won't make it unfortunately, but most will be motivated enough by their teachers to step up and get the work done. Pretty much one's tolerence runs out for the obnoxious students around this time of year, and teacher's tend to be a little more grouchy than usual. Heck, even the students are tired of each othe,r and things or behaviors, they've tolerated all year no longer get a pass. There are more fights between students the last two months of school than all the other months combined. Anyway, it's pretty much red level stress for teachers, administrators, and students the last 60 days. I'm no different, I'm pretty stressed and worn down, but still have what it takes to make it through to the end. However, I don't know what other teachers use for stress release, but as for me...the second work is over today I'm going fishing. Supposed to be a high of 60 today and the trout in the creek are calling my name. Y'all have fun I'll be gone fishing in exactly 4.5 hours. Make that 1.5 hours.

A pic from last Friday's therapy session.
    Last edited by Big Skyz; 04-07-2014 at 04:35 PM.