Thread: Hey Look!

Hey Look!

Its Daniel Descalso. He's back and he just gave the Cardinals the lead!

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Jay is the one gone before long. He's 0 for 2014. Piscotty will make Tavares and Jay a memory before long. But Descalso? He'll be with us forever if he never asks for more than a mill when his 3 years are up.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Hey look.

Your buddy just doubled!!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

And although you didn't ask..........I think that.....

Wong is a steady, long term, contributor
    Bourjos might or might not make it
    Peralta is fair, but isn't going to hit like they are paying for
    Shelby Miller is just fair, and inconsistent....which is good enough on most MLB teams
    Choate is the best value they have, and willing to play for $1.5M till he's 55
    Yadi is the best all around that I ever saw catch (including Bench, Pudge, Piazza, Yogi)
    Metheny is long term good
    Adams is really really good

all I got for now. Check back end of May when I can see 'em in person.

I'm liking Bourjos in the field for sure. Not so sure Peralta is an upgrade yet or not. Right now not. Wong is overrated IMO. He has potential, but he hasn't lived up to it yet. Luckily the Cardinals are a patient organization.

I liked seeing Jay and Descalso in there today. They both contributed more than their starter counterparts have been lately.

I do not like this challenge deal. Just don't like it.

BKB

No. I am against instant replay. I was all for it in football, and almost everywhere, because of the errors I see umps and refs make. I got irate.

I was wrong. These games just flow better, do better, if the human element of umps and refs is just accepted, and we flow on. I don't like this one bit.

I will admit, having been a catcher......I do like the new 'give 'em an alley to score' rule. I always kneeled in front of plate anyway, and swept tag. I guess I was a coward, but that's how I did it. I like this new rule.

Seems to be the right thing to do to me too. (the new catcher rule) I wish they'd have only just added replay for plays like where there's not a good visual by an umpire. In other words if they confer with the other umps and nobody got a clear look, then go to replay. Like when balls go real close to the foul poles. I honestly applaud umps for getting the percentage of those calls right. I don't know how they do it. But there;s times when that play needs to be reviewed. Not at the bag where the first base ump is six feet away looking (and listening, an important part). He doesn't need any help. Just take his call and move on.

BKB

Well, they changed one of those today!!

If they're going to use technology, use it for the strike zone for pete's sake. The strike zone is insane.

NO MLB UMP will call a strike on an 0-2 count, and NONE of them will call a ball on a 3-0 count unless it bounces. That's nuts. And the new, rookie ump calling the Cards game last night had no clue. Either blind, stupid, or both.

I get the foul pole deal. It's a small ball, 200 feet away, going 100 mph. I'll buy that one.