Thread: It must be nice to be rich ...

It must be nice to be rich ...

There was a local estate sale this weekend over on the coast. BEAUTIFUL place right on the water. BUT ... it was EMPTY (except for appliances and a pool table)! EVERYTHING was for sale ... roof tiles, doors/windows, appliances, oak staircase, tons of wrought iron fixtures, driveway pavers, fireplace mantles, chandeliers, even the frigging hot water heaters, toilets and the landscaping. One thing I REALLY liked was the mahogany garage doors!

Anybody need some old junk building materials? The owners are having the house completely demolished so they can build a new one. What doesn't get sold goes into the trash heap. Sheeeesh!

Ok, one thing is really cool ... even the CEILINGS are for sale! Here's how they were described:

Large European solid wood ceiling beams with inlaid wood ceiling.

They must be some greedy bastards to tear up something that pretty. Can't they just sell the property?
    That's a shame. Maybe its haunted.
    BKB

I used to see that in Beverly Hills all the time. There's only so much property and everyone wants what THEY want ... not what somebody before them wanted. They'll buy multi-million dollar mansions, only to tear them down and build what they want.

Oh, BTW ... I didn't buy anything at the sale. (no old razors stashed in the bathroom drawers)

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Some people really do have too much money!

Oh yeah ... it wasn't even listed as an estate sale actually ... it was listed in the estate sale notices as a "Demolition Sale".

Heck, it hurts me just to see that beautiful landscaping destroyed. I'm really hoping they don't rip out that nice oak tree during the demolition/construction process.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I could relieve them a couple of million, I'm not real greedy
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Heck, for all I know, that may not even cover the cost of demolition and hauling off the rubble.