Thread: Rem. Model 700 and Model 7, trigger recall notice....

Rem. Model 700 and Model 7, trigger recall notice....

Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Yup, and glad I quit buying new Remington's quite a while back.

Hey Sky, what trigger was in that .22-250? Maybe you could send a copy of the bill (trigger replacement) to Remington and get reimbursed. It's worth a try. 'Course, I doubt you kept the old one so who knows what was in that thing?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    It was not the trigger that is being recalled. Threw that old trigger away as it was rusted beyond repair. The Timney suits it well.

My work filter won't let me look at it. What years does it cover? I bought a Remmy 400 in 270 in like 1997. Just wondering if its in the list.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    My work filter won't let me look at it. What years does it cover? I bought a Remmy 400 in 270 in like 1997. Just wondering if its in the list.

BKB

You can call them, too:

Call Remington on its toll-free XMP-Recall Hotline at 1-800-243-9700 (Prompt #3 then Prompt #1) Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT. You will be asked to provide your name, address, telephone number, and the serial number of your rifle.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Skyz View Post
    It was not the trigger that is being recalled. Threw that old trigger away as it was rusted beyond repair. The Timney suits it well.
    That's still a total mystery to me. I bought that rifle NEW (in the box) from a dealer, brought it home, mounted the scope, put it in the dehumidified safe (even lower humidity since the house is air conditioned), that's where it stayed until I sold it ... and the trigger turned into a rust-bucket somewhere along the line. That's weird.

I'd sure like to know the history behind that thing ... maybe he bought some of his inventory from flooded stores in Louisiana after Katrina!

Remington Arms has thrown in the towel re: claims that their flagship Model 700 rifles are not drop safe/safe from unintentional discharges. The company has just announced (on a Friday, of course) a Voluntary Product Recall of all 700s and Model Seven’s with the X-Mark Pro triggers manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014. No doubt The Freedom Group this announcement accompanies an agreement to settle the lawsuits filed against the company by injured parties. Equally certain: the payout will trigger the arrival of an entire fleet of ambulance chasers. Add in the cost of this recall and man, that’s got to hurt. But not as much as getting shot by your own rifle.......
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Luckily, mine have the "old school" Remington trigger that was so easy to adjust.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org