Thread: Great Caesar's Ghost!

Great Caesar's Ghost!

They are catching some gigantic spoonbills right now in Oklahoma. Either the limits are working incredibly well or there's just a lot more fish coming up from the rivers to the dams where most of them are caught, I'm not sure which, but I don't remember seeing this many reports of 90+ pounders being caught.

Spoonbill are not my cup of tea as I don't care for snagging and most of these fish get killed for their eggs, but its a big sport here in my state. I think its big up in the Dakotas too where they have them in the rivers there too.

BKB

Here's a 93 pounder caught last week.

spoonbill.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Good gracious, that a fish!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    They have a few here in Montana as well. After I caught this one below I sort'a gave up on fishing for them. The biologist told me it was probably around a 65 to 70 year old fish. Heck, I felt bad for killing it. Here it had gone up and down the Yellowstone and Missouri Rivers for all those years and I come along and kill it. Never could quite come to terms with that so I quite fishing for them. Got nothing against those that want to catch them, but it's not my cup of tea either.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Hey Big Sky, I remember that day as it was the first time I met you in person. I remember you calling to ask if it was alright to invite another gent along as 3 guys to one fishing pole worked out pretty good. Thought you were pulling my leg but after casting 5 oz weights as far as possible with a 12 foot pole and then ripping it back as hard as you could over and over again, I began to see the light.

As I recall, I snapped the picture of your fish (an 85-lber) which was taken after I caught my first paddlefish (60 lbs).
    paddlefish6-99.jpg

Troy is never far from his backpack is he?

What's he got in there? Lunch?

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Only other guy i ever knew like that usually had a quarter elbow of weed in his backpack. I'm just sayin'...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Well I don't want nothing to do with weed so that's not in there. That pack pretty much has everything I need when out hunting or fishing. If I find myself in an emergency situation that pack would be worth more to me than gold.

Great pics. B/S, I think that's the first time I've ever seen you NOT wearing a button-down shirt!

Thump if you ever see me doing any kind of mechanic work it's a tee shirts only affair for me. Prefer long sleeve tee's for that work though as long as it's not too hot.