Thread: A Sunny Day Rainbow

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

A Sunny Day Rainbow

Rainbow trout that is. Pretty happy with this fish.

Dag-gum nice fish! Wow and the picture was very clear and upright. Must not have been taken with an iPhone, I read it at another site.
    That is some of the prettiest country in the world when it ain't covered with all that white stuff....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

ITs cool when they get bigger and start growing that hook jaw ain't it? That's a dandy!

BKB

WOW! That sure looks like fun! Nice fishy too!

I bet that was a nice fight!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Len, when those big fish hit the current in the river it really amps up the fight. So much so that twice yesterday I couldn't turn them and they broke off.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    BS, I'll bet Kribbs could pick up some 50# braided nylon at one of those estate sales for you. That'd stop all that getting broke off
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Here's some pic's of some the little one's. All are 20 to 22" by the way.

The 22 incher. He was pretty stout.

I know you're "long arming" that first one, but DADGUM that's a nice fish. Just a really beautiful rainbow. Spectacular colors too. If I caught one like that I'd have to be sure I had a tape measure with me so I could get the correct dimensions for the taxidermist for the fiberglass (or whatever they use) for the repro mount......then put him back in to fight another day. AND lots and lots of pics.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Niner, yeah there was a little long arming, but the fact of the matter he's is 24.5" long and a pretty darn solid fish. My goal is to catch a rainbow or a brown of 25" or longer before I putting one on the wall. Came real close with this fish. However I'm pretty sure if I stay after it I will get one that meets or beats my goal.

Super nice fish there, BS.....just a really nice fish.
    Did you catch them all on that gold/black Rapala....or at least that's what it looks like.
    Looks like about a #5 or a #7.....hard to tell with that salmon in the picture....

24.5"......I'd be on cloud 9. You really DO live in God's country!
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Niner, the biggest was on a #9 Brown Trout ScatterRap. First time I've used the ScatterRap and I'm extremely impressed. In fact I will be buying a lot more of them in the future. Super realistic action. I'd be willing to bet they will out fish most other crank baits including the rest of the Rapala line. As for the other lures those were #7's Gold and Black, Silver and Black, and caught a few on the Rainbow Trout as well. However the brown trout was the real winner. I plan on heading into town next week and picking up $75.00-$100.00 worth of new Rapala's. You can bet most will be #9 ScatterRap Minnows. I also hooked one big sucker on Kit's Tackle brown/orange marabou jig 1/4 ounce, but the knot failed and he got away. The week before that jig was the hot ticket. Unfortunately I didn't have anymore and my local outlet is out of them. I got a hold of the owner of Kit's Tackle and he's sending more my way.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Is that about 10 lures these days?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Unfortunately it is only about 10 lures.