Did have one fun evening. The folks we stayed with are big gardeners. They have both vegetables and flowers. The gal has been after me to come and shoot the varmints that have been eating her flowers and veggies.. let's call them "starlings". They've actually been hopping ( I mean "flying") up on her deck and eating the flowers out of the pots. When I knew we were going to be staying there a few days I threw the Mach II and my portable shooting bench in the truck. (You may be a redneck if you pack two pair of underwear and a rifle and two fly rods to be gone a week. ). Long story short. rained all day and sun came out in the evening. 5 "starlings" - 5 shots – all redheads – closest 63 yards, farthest 110. There were three more in sight when I quit but it was getting dark and I had "starlings" to dress. I'll be having them over for fried "starling" someday next week.

For those of you who have never got to shoot a .17 Mach II - they are sudden blue death out to about 125. Just a riot to shoot.