Thread: What a Disappointment

What a Disappointment

Someone on Facebook posted a picture of me and Bassdog yesterday as part of the throwback Thursday weekly deal. It got me to thinking about a mutual of friend of ours who was almost always hanging around with us back in the day. In fact, he was with Bob and I on our first 'Annual' fishing trip in '88 that was the start of the annual trips we take to Dogtooth. He was the third musketeer and truthfully he never like fishing or camping or any of the outdoor stuff Bob and I did as much as we did but he came along, mainly for the alcohol I think. Both Bob and I lost touch with him many years ago when he moved to Washington, Mo and later New York to go to work for a telecom firm up there. I heard from him just briefly when he emailed to let me know he'd gotten married, moved to Florida, and was expecting a kid. That was probably the mid 90's. I tried to get in touch with him when Bassdog passed away but the guy's name is Jeff Davis and do you know how many Jeff Davis's there are in the South? Or anywhere for that matter? A lot.
    So yesterday when I saw the picture of Bob and I, it got me to thinking about him again and I thought I'd give it another college try. I found him, or at least the announcement of him taking a job with a telecom firm in New Jersey. Here's the disappointment. The announcement lists his experience and background, which with me being a close friend I know very well. His whole bio was a mix of Bob's and mine and almost none of his own experiences. He even listed military service in the Air Force in the career field Bob and I were both in and he NEVER served in the military. Also listed a degree which he doesn't have. I guess firms don't check backgrounds much any more or at least that one didn't. I'm so profoundly disappointed I wish I'd never even tried to find him. all I wanted to do was tell him about Bob and catch up on what he was doing. Now I may punch him in the dad gum nose if I ever see him. No wonder he's stayed out of sight. His whole goddamned life is a lie.

what a bummer. Friends are too hard to come by to let too many of them go, but this is just the lowest of the low. Good riddance.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Sad deal and sorry things turned out as they did.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    BBP while all that news pretty much sucks, you've been on the planet long enough to know that what goes around comes around. Life has a way of catching up to people like that.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    That sucks, not sure why people do that, to inflate their ego, or just a better resume. Sure hope his Company never checks on the putz.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Good Lord!
    You ought to out him....
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Being in telecom I've always been pretty sensitive to this kind of stuff I guess. Mainly because there's a lot of bad actors in my business and when you run across them it makes you feel slimy. Just never thought it'd be that blatant I guess. I guess I'm naive about that kind of stuff.
    BKB

Well, on a positive note, you and Bob musta been real role models for him, since he used all of ya'lls experience on his resume'.

Did you expect him to use Bucky's???....bwahahaha....(just kiddin', Bucky)

Seriously, I'm with Cap....I'd find a way to light up his azz with the company he used that resume' to get hired by.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 05-09-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Falsely claiming prior military service "might" be breaking the law. A few years back, it got to be a big problem and I think Bush signed something into law (I think it was called the Stolen Valor Act). I remember it bounced around a while and I think the Supreme Court shot it down for being too vague ... so Congress went to work on a new version. To be honest ... I don't remember whatever happened with it. I run into that crap all the time ... supposed ex-Navy SEAL's, etc. I (this is no lie) questioned a dufe one time who claimed to be a Vietnam Vet (I had my doubts) and asked him where he was in 'Nam. He hesitated a bit and then told me he was stationed in Hanoi. WHAT??? Busted!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    maybe he was deep cover lol
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Administrator
    You can be happy in the fact that you have a life that other men want to lead!
    --Foo