Thread: Good looking knot

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar

Good looking knot

For those of you that use a braid main line but like a mono or fluorocarbon leader, check this out. Looks like a nice, compact connector knot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiSik3Jqs7M

I'll be trying that bad boy ASAP!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    That is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks for posting that.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    You're welcome. I was looking for something to connect 65lb PowerPro and 40lb Maxima mono on my trolling rod and came across this one. I haven't had a chance to try it on the water yet so I hope it works as advertised.

Like to add my thanks! I think even a fat fingered f like myself can do that one!

And a return visit to note that this knot works awesome and is really as easy as it looks! I'm using it to connect main line to leader for jigging stripers. Now just need to find the stripers!

Another return visit. I've been practicing this knot, and you get it down pat in about ONE try, and its as advertised. the thing is the smallest splice type knot I've ever seen.

I'm a convert. I was using it to connect 20 lb Sufix 832 braid to 8 lb Sufix Siege flouro.

BKB

I used it to connect 10# Power Pro to a 6# Silver Thread AN40 leader. Worked GREAT on our trip down the Missouuri River.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Niner I've used that Silver Thread AN40 line for several years. Good stuff ain't it? I converted to Sufix Siege flourocarbon line a few years ago and its a lot like Silver Thread only it doesn't have near the memory. Give it a try some time (if you can find it on sale, its spendy!).

BKB

Yeah well.... I used to it attach a mono leader to my braid. Brand new rapala scatter bait, first cast... Lure gone. BBP owes me $8. This is an outrage!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

BBP, I've been a big fan of that Silver Thread AN40 for a long, long time. It is very strong line for its size...and it is smaller sized per poundage than most other lines.

The only place that I had found that stocked it was Bass Pro Shop. Then I found that Lurenet place, and they had it for less $$.

Believe it or not, I've had pretty good luck with that cheap red Cajan 6# line. It's "ok" line, but it's no Silver Thread!
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Someone else was telling me about some really good lure deals they found on Lurenet too. I need to go check it out.

Len, you didn't continue wrapping in the same direction I'll bet. Tsk tsk tsk....

BKB

I did. It ain't a hard knot, knothead.

I'll bet you tied the Tom Collins knot by mistake. Too much gin!
    BKB

Niner, I just ordered some stuff from Lurenet.com. Appears to be the Pradco site considering what brands they sell. I did pick up a couple of deep runner Suspending Rogues for five bucks each and a couple of really throwback Hellbenders cheap. Some good deals there.

BKB