Thread: Good Deal On Lures At WalMart....

Good Deal On Lures At WalMart....

Was at the Wal Mart last night looking for some fly-line leaders.......which they did not have.

However, what I DID find was a large box marked Bait Bonanza....or something like that. Inside the box was a zillion Cotton Cordell lures...FOR $1.98 EACH. That's right two bucks per lure. They had several kinds, but a few of the ones that look just like a Rattle Trap came home with me.

I don't know if this "Bonanza" is going on at Walmarts across the country, but it wouldn't hurt to check. Two bucks for a "Rattle Trap" clone is a heckofa deal.

CCCrankbaits.jpg
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I'm still giggling that you were looking for fly fishing equipment at Walmart

Why yes, sir... it's right over there next to the fine wine section.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I guess so, Len. Some years back I found fly line, leaders and even some flys at the WW.
    BUT that was at a WW that was fairly close to the trout fishing section of the Chattahoochee river north of A-town.

Down here (South of A-town) they seem to "specialize" in bass, and panfish stuff. They also have a huge stock of catfishing supplies. OMG every kind of stick bait known to man, I think.

Trying to get my old flyrod set up for some bream fishing this summer. Found some leaders at the GM the other day. SO, I got the new leader, and some tippet (4x mono) tied on. Just waiting for a chance to go get after some of those slabs!

I DO also have a few "bass poppers" in the old fly-box. A little 1 or 2 pound bass feels like a HOSS on that little fly rod.

Cancer Sucks!

OH! LJ, I meant to say that when we were in Montana we went to the local Walmart to look for some particular Rapalas.
    Whilst there, I noticed that they stocked a bit of flyfishing stuff there.

I guess it just depends on what kind of fishing is in the area. Around here, unfortunatly, very few folks do any flyfishing. That's too bad, because a 2# bass on a big top water popper fly is an absolute blast on a fly rod.

Cancer Sucks!