Thread: Delete issue

Only admin moderators can totally delete a complete thread. So a work around would be if you want to delete a thread you posted just edit and put Eddies famous .... This will delete your part of the thread without deleting others comments. If by chance someone quotes you contact an moderator and they will remove your quote. Take Care, Captain Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    So my "Delete Thread Button", I used to have, is gone for good???????

I guess so Sunny. While it's totally acceptable for a person to delete their comments, it would not be right to have folks deleting others comments. If thread get totally offensive a moderator can take the whole thing down. I can see where if someone quotes you that could be an issue. If you delete your original comments they would still show in the quote. So a admin/moderator will take those quote out for you if you request it. His does that sound? Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Well you know how I feel about "Quoting"!
    Last edited by Sunshine; 06-28-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

LW you're an SOB!

No take backs....

I stand by what I said LW and you can thank your fine self for me not posting here anymore, until you stop quoting me ! *Poof!*
    Last edited by Sunshine; 06-28-2014 at 09:08 PM.

WTF???

Damn I thought she was picking with LW. WTF, over!
    Come on Sunny you KNOW he was just funnin'

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I was just playing. Apparently there is a more serious issue that I wasnt aware of. Sorry again.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    There's something going around. I just had a woman of the female persuasion blow up all over me on FB.. In real life I can kick the dirt and give 'em my Howdy Doody grin and get by with anything - even sarcasm. The internet is a tougher medium. Life's too short to be that serious - or shoot to inaccurate rifles.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    there's a line between being rude/insensitive and the semi serious banter that goes on here. If you can't distinguish between the two, this might not be the place for you.

with that being said, yer all a bunch of buttheads that fantasizes about Rosie O'donnell
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I think Rosie's hot ... and I KNOW Captain would hit it!

Oh I'd Hit her alright, but not in the way YOU mean.....

I'd hit it in the way Captain means.

There you go LW. Shows that smart guys think alike

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    stupid.jpgdumb ones too, how do you think Obama got a second term
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

NOT A QUOTE----> This is a copy/paste...

Sunny said: I stand by what I said LW and you can thank your fine self for me not posting here anymore, until you stop quoting me ! *Poof!*

What the frack, over?!?!?!?!?????

POOF???

POOF????!!???

As the young folks say these days.....REALLY????

Come on Sunny...at least ACT growed up.

SHEEEEESH!
    What the Hell are they putting in the water out there on the left coast anyway.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I tease Sunny a lot about her tin foil hat and such but I totally understand her paranoia about personal security. I was just using an ATM last night here at the ATL airport and went to another machine because the deal where you stick your card end extended from the front of the machine a bit. Looked around and found one that didn't and used it. Got accused of being paranoid (by my wife). But who's to say? We got invaded by Russkies here at Goodhunting. Who'da thunk that?

Y'all lighten up on Blondie. She's just tryin' to get by like the rest of us.

I still don't think people should be able to delete threads though. Especially not blondes.

BKB

Well, if you were at the Atlanta airport last night ... are you home now?

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    dumb ones too, how do you think Obama got a second term
    Hey!!!!!!!! Whatcha sayin there White Oak?

Since you all don't seem to understand why I get upset about people quoting me or why I delete my threads and posts, here goes:

LW you might have just been joking with me when you quoted me,but I just said I don't like being quoted because I can't get to them to remove them.
    That really pissed me off.

Its a whole different ball game, on the Internet, for woman then men.

You NEVER had an Internet stalker!!!! I did.
    Had to get some people involved to catch the son-of-a-bitch.

I don't like leaving posts, just drifting around the Internet.
    Bunch of crazy nuts, out there, and I try to keep less on the web.

Being able to delete my posts and threads, helps me erase info I enjoy sharing with you all, but pull down once I think you're done reading it.

I went through a HORRIBLE, divorce over ten years ago, and my ex still tries to put his nose in my business. He still cruises the web, trying to read stuff I might post.

So you can call me a paranoid blonde, but until you walked in MY shoes, you won't understand.

I accept your apology LW, but if people are going to continue quoting or copy/pasting my posts, I'll just have to stop posting and be a lurker.

As for thick skin, I probably have the thickest skin for a woman that's hung around you guys for over 17 years.
    I've been here longer then some of you!

So its you guys call.
    If you want me around, then stop quoting/copy/pasting my posts.

Otherwise my posts will not contain anything personal and they will be few and far between.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 06-29-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Well, I guess what I don't understand is that you were given a way to delete anything you want deleted ... YOU can delete your OWN posts, but if there's a quote or anything you don't have access to, all you have to do is contact ANY of the administrators and they'll gladly take care of it for you. Did you miss that part? You just can't run a site where the whole membership has Admin. powers ... it would be chaotic.

Why do you assume guys can't have a stalker? Thats sexist. I have had a stalker actually in years past. And I'm a fireman so you know I have been through at least one nasty divorce. Just saying.

Ha ha! That's true. Now that you mention it, I had one in high school ... back before the term "stalker" was even used. She was spooky ... knew everywhere I went, what I did, who I was with, etc etc. I can't even remember how it ended, but I do remember she threatened to slit her wrists at one point. Heck, I didn't even care as long as they were HER wrists. The weird part, I didn't even know her ... she saw me somewhere or knew me through a friend ... sumpin' like that. It was long before the Internet, so I'd get notes, letters, phone calls ... all kinds of weird stuff. I was like 16 or 17 years old (she was older) and she "wanted to have my baby"! I once asked what she looked like and she said EVERYONE tells her she looks just like Cybil Shepard (ok, it was a looong time ago!). That did it, I got weak in the knees and agreed to meet her. BIG MISTAKE! (Oh, of course she wasn't even CLOSE to looking like Cybil, dang-it!!)

Well that was a very appropriate end for this post

Sunny, We all love ya here, you have to know that. If you understood the technologies and methods behind public internet content a little better you would do one of two things. (1) Disconnect your computer from any network and never go online again. (2) Realize that fearing repercussions of posting content on the internet, while a valid fear, is a pointless use of your time and energy.

Once you post content on the Internet. It is for all intents and purposes, permanent record. Not only is it immediately stored, it is also indexed and categorized and accessible in MANY different ways. If someone wants to see what you've done on the web, it is very easy to do if they want it bad enough. Leaving it online for a short amount of time does absolutely NOTHING. Same with texts, same with emails, same with pretty much every electronic messaging and networking technology that exists. This is why I giggle at everyone freaking out about the NSA.

I happen to know someone very near and dear to me that had a stalker, it was quite serious. It is the most scared I've ever seen this very strong woman. It took her a while to realize that living her life in fear of it happening more, or again, was giving away all of her power to her fears. She literally gave it away and gave others a power over her which she thought she could not control. Until she realized the opposite was true.

Just something to think about. I offer it all in the spirit of friendship.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Administrator
    Sunny,
    Just so you are aware, every single thing on the internet is stored somewhere. Nothing on the internet can ever be deleted, even if you have a delete button. It doesn't matter.
    If you don't want someone to know something about you, don't put it on the internet-- it will be there for a 1,000 generations.
    --Foo