Thread: Well Posthole???

Well Posthole???

I assume you're back home, but not a peep from you so far. Where are the pics? Trip report? You workin' or taking an extra week off for the 4th? Check in dufus!

Got home from Hotlanta yesterday morning. It was too late Saturday afternoon to make a connection to Tulsa so we over-nighted in ATL and had dinner with our niece who lives there. I'm looking for GoPro editing softwear so I can edit the hours of diving video I have. I took very few still shots with my worn out old camera. I have some good deco-time photos though of stuff we did there. I'll get something up soon a I can can up with work stuff. Working this week and I'm glad its a short week. My in box looks like hell!

BKB

One thing I'm definitely signing up for is the TSA Pre program. We got randomly selected and it took about a jiffy to get through security and you don't have to disassemble a damned thing. Costs $85 one time to get it for all flights. I guess tis was to try to attract people to sign up. It worked!

BKB

I always pull the ol' handicapped scam. Once, shortly after a back surgery, we flew to L.A. and we'd requested wheelchair assistance. They meet us at the door with a wheelchair, an attendant takes us past the line at security (ALWAYS looooong at Orlando/LAX) and we go straight through without waiting in line. (he even checks our bags for us) We still have to clear security though which has never been much of a hang-up. Heck, after that first time, I always grab a chair and Lynn runs me straight up to the scanner ... we just tell the attendant we don't need extra assistance.

As a bonus, we get to board first. It DOES make the trip a bit easier on me because I only have so many "good hours" per day before the ol' back takes a dump. Not standing in line buys me a bit of extra time ... pain wise and trip wise.

The weird part is, they've always taken our word for it. Not once have they ever asked for any documents (doctor notes) or even a handicap placard (which I always carry). I suppose ANYONE could pull it off. Might come in handy if you're running late for your flight and there's a line at security.

P.S. You should'a hooked up with Co9 and his lovely wife while in Hotlanta. They could'a taken youse guys and your niece to The Varsity for dinner!

Old worn out camera? You've had the D3100 for like, two years? You sound like me!

In other news, I'm STILL waiting for you dufes to buy me this. I'm sad without it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...lr_camera.html
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I'm not positive, but I think he's referring to his underwater still camera. (?)

'Course I'm not holdin' my breath anydamnway. How many months ago did he promise pics of his new truck?

My dive camera is still an an old 6 mp SeaLife DC600 from about 2005. The white balance auto adjust has about gone kaput and it does very poorly past about 20 feet or so. Over compensates the white balance and washes everything out.

I took hours of video with my Go pro and I'm looking for some suggestions on video editing apps, hopefully free or cheap ones if any of you dufes have messed with that.

I havent' tried the still mode with my gopro to take regular pictures. The video in 1080 P is awesome.

BKB

I'm giving the GoPro software it comes with a try this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not looking for anything past editing length of each segment, start and stop frames and putting it all together.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

that's all I'm looking for too. What software that came with it? Mine came with squat?
    BKB

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    My dive camera is still an an old 6 mp SeaLife DC600 from about 2005. The white balance auto adjust has about gone kaput and it does very poorly past about 20 feet or so. Over compensates the white balance and washes everything out.
    BKB
    have you tried Sea Foam?

Dude! Do you not have the iPhone app either?

Here's a link for both. All free.

http://gopro.com/software-app

Yep I have the iphone apo. I remember now, my ipad is ancient and won't support the edit app and I have to download it to my wife's MAC since my work compooter is for work only, a distinction I've made a resolution to keep strictlly for my protection, not theirs. Goodhunting is about the only thing I ever look at that's not work related on it and most of the tie its on my ipad when I check in.

Anyway, I also bought the LCD backpack for mine before I left and it makes a BIG difference when you can see what you're filming.

BKB