I agree with you Barry. And this coming from a man who would stop ALL immigration, legal or otherwise, if it were in my power to do so.

Regardless of what you think about the issue the fact is that it is, for all intents and purposes, impossible to acquire the facts on whether these kids are true refugees or not. To my mind that isn't the question we should be asking. The fact is that parents of these children were so desperate as to send their children north. The question we ought to be asking is how would a moral and ethical nation respond to such desperation as it pertains to children. Exactly how are you going to track down the places these kids are supposed to be from, verify their identities, and safely return them? The logistics of this boggle my mind.

I have no patience for an immigration policy that is being used for a battering ram against both US workers and/or a certain political party that is composed mostly of white folks that doesn't lend itself to the affections of poor immigrants. Sadly that is exactly what immigration policy has been and continues to be. I'd end it all if I could.

But when it comes to children you have to set that aside if you ask me.

Will