Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I don't often agree with Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    I ain't entitled to cheap gas and groceries. No one is entitled to government subsidies.

I AM entitled to Social Security.
    Ya' damn right you are... as am I. And every other fucker in this place that has ever paid a nickel into this POS program. ONE thing I wish Bush 2 could have done....allow folks to invest their SS $ into a private account. DAMN IT!!!!! I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest, prettiest, wild mustang in this forum....and it pisses me off to put the kind of money I do into this program. NOT because the folks like my dad, and FIL, and mom, and most of my neighbors. and some of you, are drawing on what I know to be 'borrowed from me' money* ...but because I really do not see what I "put in" as any more than any other bullshit TAX.

I've put in my "fair share" of Social Security contributions since 1993. And if the good Lord is willing and blesses me and my family in this career...then I will max out my Social Security contributions every year for 29 consecutive years. Yes, I have 24 more years until retirement. If I make it that long. I REALLY like fried chicken and COLD beer. Doc hasn't told me to stop yet, so it must be alright. But I do hike a lot with the family, I'm pretty sure that negates any wrong doings.

And if the Lord allows me to work another 24 years at this pace of income...and the Govt gives me the bird and says "no money left"....then you will see me on the news...in an orange jump suit. Cuz imma go postal.

When I look at mine and my wife's retirement, I TRY not to even factor in SS...but it's so damn tempting. At my stage in life, it COULD be as much as half of my 401k (looking at it monthly). At least I have my Roth, my wife's 403b, and my pension (Which was FROZEN 3 years ago... but at least I'm getting something. Maybe I can buy a new boat and have the pension check make the payment 24 years from now. But in reality it'll probably be some crazy new thing my wife wants to buy. Who knows...)

But on a completely different subject...WAY TO MANY people are on SS...or SSI, whatever you call it...that didn't pay shit, don't deserve shit, and I don't think of them any higher than the dog turd I stepped in on the way back from the garden this afternoon when I picked a big ole basket of peppers that I will can tomorrow morning.

And for the record, about 1/2 of the people I can name off from memory that I KNOW for a fact are full of shit with their 'disability'...are wildly and weirdly conservative.

* "borrowed from me" means ONLY that the government done spent everything there is in it...and it's really probably not even borrowed from me...but probably from my 16 and 10 year old.....when they start being taxed for this shit.

Oh...and nice feesh there Cappy...