Thread: Robin Williams dead at 63

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

Robin Williams dead at 63

To be really honest I don't get too worked up over any celebrities death, and I won't cry myself to sleep over this one, but I really did find him to be very funny. I am mostly sad for the family he left behind and the future laughs that will never happen. Hope he finds peace.

What a way to go. I have told all my coworkers that if I ever do myself in any way but carbon monoxide then they should assume my wife killed me. It damn sure wouldnt be by hanging.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    He happens to he one of my favorite actors. Like you said, there were so many more laughs we will never receive from him. Its hard to understand how someone that can bring so much laughter to everyone could be so depressed to take his life. Just a real sad situation for him and his family.

One of his dvd's named RV just cracks me up.
    We take it on trips with our rv.
    There's soooo many more.

I like comedy movies, so I've seen the majority of his movies.
    So sad.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 08-11-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Man that is totally wrong.... So sorry to hear this! I remember the first time I ever saw him on Happy Days. He was a full blown NUT... Always enjoyed his work....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    He was hilarious on Mork & Mindy.

Another actor I miss is John Candy.
    When I need a laugh I put in his movie:"The Great Outdoors!" Laugh my a$$ off.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 08-11-2014 at 09:30 PM.

I usually don't give a crap about celebrities. This one really hit me. I can't say I don't really understand, either. It's just mostly sad. The people that make us laugh the most are usually carrying a great deal of darkness.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    It's a shame. He was a real talent. He was unbelievable at improv. He and Jonathon Winters had a lot of similarities.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    As the Brits say, I was gobsmacked when I heard about this tragic waste of a special talent. Laughing on the outside but dying on the inside.

A little insight for those who think suicide is a selfish act.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/b...fish?CMP=fb_gu
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Thank you for that Lenster. As one who has had a suicide in the family (due to depression) that article may explain a lot to those on the "outside looking in". It's more of a mental illness than simply feeling "down" because your dog died.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain