Thread: Where to look?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Where to look?

I'm wondering if any of you gents might have some insight on where I might be able to located an extended or one piece scope base for my wife's 7mm-08. The action is a Sako L579 so need something specific to that pattern and contour. So far I have struck out at the local shops so am continuing my search elsewhere. FWIW the rings are Warne Maximas and here is a picture of the base that needs to be longer so I can move the scope rearward in order for the missus to get a better field of view.
    IMG_0842.jpg
    IMG_0845.JPG

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Warne makes an extended base............905something if I remember. I had to have it for one of mine. Took a while to find it.

Brownell's is where I'd start.

http://www.brownells.com/optics-moun...000236_d_10255

Or opticsplanet.com........Midsouthshooterssupply.... .Graf and Sons.............Bigsupplyshop........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I run into this *constantly* with my fat little cheeks, no neck and stubby arms. Always have fits getting scopes back far enough.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.