Thread: Edward! Sea Foam question

Edward! Sea Foam question

To clean the carb on a 4 wheeler.
    I was thinking drain all old gas, add 1/2 gallon of non ethanol. (All I run in my boats mower, etc) and then a full bottle of sea foam. Run it a few mihutes, let it sit for 30 minutes or so, run again, then top off with gas.
    That too much?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    GOOD GRIEF YES.

WOW.

Put about 2 ounces.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

With SeaFoam, all I ever do for a thorough cleaning is double the recomm. dosage on the bottle....no need in wasting that precious stuff.
    Southern Gentleman

The can says (for small engine tune up) to induce sea foam directly into the fuel line. .... ?

I can hear an explosion coming..........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Be sure to put a little dab behind each ear....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Not bad with coke over ice, either.

I'm simply telling you what the farkin' can says!

This from a man with craziness written on the back of his sun-protecting hat, which he wears backwards, and asks us idiots for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    The can says (for small engine tune up) to induce sea foam directly into the fuel line. .... ?

Seems like a lot of excess trouble to me....drain old gas, fill with fresh non-ethanol, double the recomm. SeaFoam dosage, run it until the motor is warm, and forget about it.
    Southern Gentleman

ATV Catheters. Geez.

^^^^^^^^^^
    Listen to the man. He's a Farmer.

If I live to tell... I'll tell you how it went

You'll need to alter your induction procedure, but this might be something to take into account. I think Edward's method would be fine for normal maintenance, but I think you said this thing had been stored, seen very little use, and is running rough. It may be worth the extra time and effort to give the stuff time to do it's thing. (or not)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Finally someone makes some sense! Thanks thump!
    I think my way is on short the same as what this guy did. Almost.

I made sense. I said put some behind each ear....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I haven't heard diddly squat about it running rough....that's a horse of a different color....all I heard Arty say was showroom floor condition, just like new, 133 miles, cranked and ridden infrequently with no problems, and stored in a nice garage....then, he asked me his SeaFoam quershun.

Did I somehow miss the rough-running sheeit???....if I did, then SeaFoam prolly isn't the solution....sounds like you got a great deal, so spend a few bucks, and take it to someone(trustworthy) who knows Hondas, and will fix it right for you, and be done with it.

I can fix a LOT of sheeit by myself, but I'm like Cap, when it comes to stuff like a/c's, atv's, etc....so, call the man, and get it fixed and over with, or you'll end up dinky-donging around with it yourself, and possibly screw it up worse than it already is....heck, deer season is right around the corner....get that thang fixed and running smoothe !!!
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 08-15-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Doesn't run rough. Runs great! Rode it last night and it starts/runs no problem. Thump made that part up. But he still gets props for finding a you tube link that supports what I read on the can!

Also- I put it behind each ear but I still don't understand how that would make the honda run better.... But I did it just like cappy said.

Oooops! I must have imagined that rough-running part. Maybe I just assumed that was why you were doing the Seafoam thing. Guess I should have re-read the original post. My bad!

In that case, I'm with the "just ad a few ounces to your gas tank" crowd. More like a preventative maintenance thing than an attempted "repair". I see no reason to go through all that crap in the video ... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for Cappy's suggestion? He's been hittin' the bar at Saltwater Cowboys too often and he's got it all bassackwards. Ya' put a dab of seafoam on each of the wife's ankles ... then have her try to put THAT behind her ears!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain