Thread: Hey Cap.......

Hey Cap.......

Happened to be visiting inlaws today, and helped them clean up some stuff.
    I ran across these two ashtrays that they were gonna throw out.....they prolly arent suitable for your pipe stand, but thought I'd show them to you.

image.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

Thanks Eddie. You might want to get an expert like Thumper to look at the one on the left. Looks like Pewter? Could be some value there. I really appreciate you thinking of my but I'm gonna stick to finding a clear heavy glass for the old pipe stand so the sailboats will be visible.
    Thank Cuz, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Sorta figured these were too hokey for your nice pipe stand. Wifey is headed to a flea market tomorrow, I told her to keep her eyes peeled.
    Southern Gentleman

They are not Hokey at all Muddy. In fact the metal one looks to be nice. However it's just not right for the old pipe rest I have. This thing was probably carved in the 1800's and I'm looking for someone old and clear glass that will show the sailboats carved below where the ashtray sits. The best I remember the old glass tray that sat on it had big divots to rest a cigar. Not the small slots like you would see for a cigarette. But that's really is not important. Guess I can hit some antique store locally or flea markets and see what I turn up....
    Thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Wifey said she didnt see anything suitable at the flea market.
    We'll keep looking.
    Southern Gentleman