Thread: Buckster!

Buckster!

IF you pre-order now..... You can have your iPhone 6 by November 1st! Hurry! Do it now!

I heard all sorts of ads about Verizon giving a $200 rebate to turn in your old iPhone (4 or 5) and that iPhone 6 pre-orders would be taken on-line starting at midnight PACIFIC time last night. I set my clock for 2:45 am and was on-line going through the pre-order process at 3:01 am ... BUT, there was NO mention during the process that mentioned the rebate. The basic phone with a 2-yr. contract was $199. I went through the process a bazillion times thinking I was missing the "trade-in" deal somewhere along the line, but never saw so much as a mention of it. I finally called it quits and will go down to Verizon tomorrow to see what the deal is. Lynn and I both have the iPhone 4 and I think they're only worth about $75, so the $200 is a deal. I'm not sure why anyone would trade an iPhone 5 for $200 though, I think they're still bringing $250-$300.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I've got the 4S and am eligble for an upgrade so I preordered mine yesterday around 9AM. According to Verizon It will ship on 10/14. I got the 6 plus, the 6 would have been here much sooner. Like 9/22 or something.

I think you can get more than $75 for your 4's thump. I just sold my sons 4 on eBay about 2 months ago. The headphone jack did not work (and I disclosed that) and it sold for $90. That was with no case, chargers, box, manual, nothing.... Just the phone.

I've always sold our old phones on eBay whenever we upgrade, and for some reason people will pay more when you have the box and manual and all that jazz.

So in throwing this 4S up on the bay when my 6 plus gets here. Figure I'll get $100 for it.

But, I had NOT heard about that $200 rebate thig... And when I went through the checkout process on Verizon, I didn't see any mention of it.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I've seen that not only Verizon, but AT & T and maybe even T-mobile are offering rebates of $200 to $300 on 6's. I think this is with a trade in of the old phone and a 2 year contract. I believe that you pay up front and then they credit your account the money back.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Deppity is right. We pre-paid for ours today (there are two threads running on this). My credit card was scanned, but the money will not be deducted until the phones ship. Verizon is sending a prepaid, padded envelope to ship our old phones to them and the $200/phone credit will be deducted once they receive the old phones. This way, we can keep our old phones until the new phones arrive.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain