Thread: Back on the water today....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    *Actually* - unless we are talking a dozen fish - or more - I can often have them dressed and be having a drink before many can get the E knife out, put together, plugged in, fished dressed, knife cleaned up. When the whole E knife thing first surfaced I cleaned all my fish for one year with one. I really wanted to learn to do it well. I did. I got pretty good with it. Now, again - let me reiterate - I seldom clean more than 10 fish at a time. I have two fillet knives I use pretty much exclusively - a "long" one and a "longer" one. My E knife hasn't been out of the box probably 10 years. if I was going to start in on a five gallon bucket full - I'd go there.

Anecdote: Last year I walked into the fish house with 4 walleye (very possibly the easiest fish in the world to filet). Guy in there was getting ready to fire up the electric. Nice guy - gregarious. Saw me break out the fillet knife and started telling me how badly I needed an electric; how much easier and faster it was. Pretty quick he noticed he was on his fourth fish and I was done and scrubbing my cutting board down. His words, "On second thought, I don't think you need and electric knife". I did give a demonstration on removing Y-bones from *The Great Northern Pike* this year - but only by request.

By the way - you do know you can remove those rib bones with the e knife? I usually do it before I take the hide off.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HideHunter View Post
    *Actually* - unless we are talking a dozen fish - or more - I can often have them dressed and be having a drink before many can get the E knife out, put together, plugged in, fished dressed, knife cleaned up. When the whole E knife thing first surfaced I cleaned all my fish for one year with one. I really wanted to learn to do it well. I did. I got pretty good with it. Now, again - let me reiterate - I seldom clean more than 10 fish at a time. I have two fillet knives I use pretty much exclusively - a "long" one and a "longer" one. My E knife hasn't been out of the box probably 10 years. if I was going to start in on a five gallon bucket full - I'd go there.

Anecdote: Last year I walked into the fish house with 4 walleye (very possibly the easiest fish in the world to filet). Guy in there was getting ready to fire up the electric. Nice guy - gregarious. Saw me break out the fillet knife and started telling me how badly I needed an electric; how much easier and faster it was. Pretty quick he noticed he was on his fourth fish and I was done and scrubbing my cutting board down. His words, "On second thought, I don't think you need and electric knife". I did give a demonstration on removing Y-bones from *The Great Northern Pike* this year - but only by request.

By the way - you do know you can remove those rib bones with the e knife? I usually do it before I take the hide off.
    You're so full of b/s that your squinty little eyes are brown!!

I'll take your challenge, any day, any time, anywhere, just give me 110v............

Oh........and you must be a Yankee. How "fast" you do stuff is sort of, like, um, really really seriously unimportant to me! Ask my wife!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.