Thread: Just now...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cap, I wore out my back, filling those sacks with a bucket....I bought a small wore-out gravity-flow-type grain wagon for a few bucks at a farm equip. auction....it holds about 100 bushels, and I keep my corn in it, instead of all those barrels....less cost, too, buying in bulk....I just keep it parked under a shed, out of the weather.

It has a small door on one side, with a lip attached, which allows the grain to flow out slowly in a small stream....I just set the sack on the ground, under the stream of grain, hold it there until it's full, close the door, tie off the sack, and move on to the next sack.

I stack the filled sacks in my front end bucket, and just drive the tractor around to my feeders....sometimes, if I feel lazy, I just run the front bucket under the trailer door, and let the stream of grain flow directly into the front end bucket....then, I just drive to the feeders, and use a scoop shovel to fill them, directly from the front bucket.

This one is almost like mine, except mine is an M&W....also, the lip on mine is not as wide, which is actually better for fitting inside the sack opening, for filling....this one is $450 on ebay, which is about what I paid for mine.

ez1.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 09-18-2014 at 01:51 AM.
    Southern Gentleman