Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IOS 8.0.......

GAWD! Some of you crusty old curmudgeons sound like my 83 year old mother!

"If you run with those scissors, you're gonna put an eye out!"
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    She wasn't talking to me. I can run just fine with scissors.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Is it just somehow possible that in reality, politics is just about on the level of importance as the weather? I mean, think about it. Nine days out of ten, the weather doesn't have a whole helluva a lot of impact on our daily lives. Even for those who make their living outdoors, most days if the weather don't cooperate, there's plenty of other stuff to do in the barn or corral. When we have storms, like when our political leaders decide to do something and just screw it up worse, we have to temporarily become close watchers and take the right action, like vote. Or sit on the couch and watch a western. But for the most part, its prolly a hell of a lot less important than we act like if you really think about it. We talk about it a lot because, like the weather, it fills in the gaps in the conversation.

BKB
    Well, a lot of times that's true. But the problem is, a lot of times it also is NOT true. It's also not always true about the weather.

I do get your point. But you might notice, being the noticer that you are, that I no longer get all worked up about EVERY issue of politics. I still believe what I believe, that government (not politics) is the bad guy, the culprit, the reason for complaints. I always will. But I don't dwell on it.

I never watch the news on TV. I have not read more than 100 words from the front page of the paper in 25 years. I do read legitimate online sources, on occasion, but not every day.

But when I run across something that is interesting, or someone who put out a thought VERY well, I might bring that up.

At our table of ROMEO's at Lunch on Tuesday, I'm the single one that has ZERO interest in the political discussions. They think I'm worthless because I don't care who wins most races. The only state race I care about is Senator, and only that because if a (D) wins, it'll be easier for Hillary to stack the Supreme Court, which IS a political issue worthy of worry.

It's way more interesting to watch all the guys with Toyota and iDust in their eyes talking about silly stuff!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Pardon me for being skeptical.(about the silence part)......but I totally agree. My fervor has been dampened a lot. Its kind of like what it must be like to be a Big Ten football fan. You know what you want, nobody's got it, so its hardly worth paying much attention.

Besides, a pennant race and college football on the same day is all I'm paying attention to.

And on the weather, Birddog and I had plans to fish today but when we touched base early this morning it was sprinkling. I called it off and got a BIG ration of shit from him for it. Its been raining like pouring piss out of a boot ever since, so I have to claim superior weather wisdom me being the older weather sage.

BKB

Well, I fished Friday. 3 of us caught 28. Not Eddie's standards, but we had fun. Politics was brought up (by the OTHER two) once. Mostly we talked about our cute waitresses at the ROMEO club meetings......and laughing when one of the other two missed a fish.

Well I fished today on a Carolina Blue day! And we had an off day and only boated 35 or 36. We knew it is about over for the year, but they are just so much fun to fish for it hard not to go and chase them till the end...
    Guess it's time to start hooking up on some big Bull-Reds! Attachment 3671

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!