Pulled the SD card out of my camera at the stand where I shot the heavy, wide rack 8 point with the crossbow Monday. Sorta neat what I found. If y'all remember I told you there was a very nice 10 point with the buck I shot but it was just a basket rack and needs at least another year. This picture shows the Basket 10 (and he is almost perfect side to side) and the Wide 8 pointer I shot. There is also one of two does that were there in this picture.

WGI_0123.JPG

In this picture a couple of minutes later the Basket 10 is looking right at the camera while the 8 and one doe are in the background.

WGI_0124.JPG

This picture is just at the shot. The buck I shot is the one behind the feeder and the 10 is the one in front of the feeder. If you look close at the left feeder leg where it meets the ground you will see my arrow sticking in the ground covered with blood! just the way i like 'em. Frozen in this picture is the wides 8's last run....

WGI_0125.JPG

A couple of minutes later I'm walking by to check my arrow for blood and pick up the blood trail.

WGI_0126.JPG

This is after I found him in the bottom of a DEEP ravine and was talking on the phone lining up some help to get him out. You can still see the arrow in the ground in this picture....

WGI_0127.JPG

And y'all know the rest of the story.... You would think no deer would come around for awhile after all that going ons... But the next morning the two little velvet peckerheads were right on schedule...

WGI_0129.JPG