Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what happens..................??

Sorry Barry but I see it more along the lines of Sowell than you. Not to say you are wrong (or right). I just think it could have been stopped. And we DO have a president that could give a rats ass about the average American.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Lots of folks do see it that way. I don't.

Yet again, its the old conservative mantra....."If you don't see things my way, you're not a good American". How long before we start killing or deporting or imprisoning people who aren't good Americans? That'd be just fine with a bunch of folks. Its been done, right here in this country. We need to make sure it doesn't happen again.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Thomas Sowell is absolutely the smartest man in America. I also wrote him in for President.

I spend a lot of time tearing tin hats off of people. But for this one, folks are gonna crawfish one day. And it'll be a very sad day, too.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

http://news.yahoo.com/10-000-ebola-c...124410379.html

THIS is dang sure Ebola. And since Posty is so concerned with folks in other countries, why not a raging concern for this area? And why not at least a modicum of thought that something this big just MIGHT spread??????
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

And by the way, my REAL belief is that this is some concocted b/s to divert the attention from Obama, as always seems to occur every time he gets in hot water.

Well hell Bucky. Its not like we haven't sent people and aid to the stricken countries. There is very much concern for the people in those countries. The fact is, there's an outbreak every other year or so and its been going on since the 70's. This isn't new. and it's a concern in Africa because of their own cultural rituals for handling their dead and because of the almost total lack of a medical infrastructure to deal with it.

What I am NOT concerned about is our own capability to isolate and prevent it.

BKB

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tex...ola/ar-AA6SRUV

2nd Texas worker.

Mobile.

10,000 a week in Africa.

Nero.

Wow. That's quite the epidemic. and here the governor of Texas has left on a junket to Europe. Oh the humanity!

and according to a bunch of anonymous nurses who can't be talked to, there's a total lack of protocol for dealing with infectious diseases and OH MY GOD we're DOOMED!

Come on. Get real. We don't know why yet these two nurses got infected. When they find out, adjustments will be made.

I imagine you don't believe in immunization either. OH MY GOD! We're DOOMED!

BKB

I got the flu shot, I'll have you know.

And the flu is not airborne!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    How long before we start killing or deporting or imprisoning people who aren't good Americans? That'd be just fine with a bunch of folks. Its been done, right here in this country. We need to make sure it doesn't happen again. BKB
    Yes that fine Democrat president during WWII put all the Japanese Americans in prisons didn't he. Since the democrats let the way on this issue I guess it would be wrong for Republicans to do it now. Guess that was Bush's fault too....
    And while we are at it a REPUBLICAN president abolished slavery.
    And remember ALL good Democrats in the 60's, in the South raising hell at the civil rights stuff.... Wallace ????

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Here's is a number that staggers the mind.

During the 1918-19 flu pandemic, it is estimated that between 30 and 50 million people died from the flu across the world. Again, the centers were mainly in Africa but it also spread to Europe. Remember, soldiers were traveling everywhere during that time and many were coming home from Europe where it got a strong toe hold. In the US, we lost 675,000 people to the flu. Its been estimated that more soldiers died from the flu than were killed in WWI.

That's mind boggling. Imagine if something like that happened today. We'd have martial law in a New York minute.

BKB

*snicker*

During the 1918-19 flu pandemic, it is estimated that between 30 and 50 million people died from the flu across the world. Again, the centers were mainly in Africa but it also spread to Europe. Remember, soldiers were traveling everywhere during that time and many were coming home from Europe where it got a strong toe hold. In the US, we lost 675,000 people to the flu. Its been estimated that more soldiers died from the flu than were killed in WWI.

That's mind boggling. Imagine if something like that happened today. We'd have martial law in a New York minute.

BKB
    Yeah. And IT is NOT airborne contracted either!!!

What's the matter Posthole. All worried about imprisoning folks till you realize only democrats have done it in resent past?

It doesn't matter who did it, it was wrong then and its wrong now. You're the one making it political (you shit disturber you).

By the way, did you know that most of the city ordinances that we have on the books today in most cities that make spitting on the sidewalk illegal were as a result of the flu pandemic of 1918?

BKB

Of course it's wrong.

But if it doesn't matter WHO did it, why did you say this:

Yet again, its the old conservative mantra....."If you don't see things my way, you're not a good American". How long before we start killing or deporting or imprisoning people who aren't good Americans? That'd be just fine with a bunch of folks. Its been done, right here in this country. We need to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Mainly because that's who's saying it. You been paying attention?

BKB

Yes. Have you fallen over yet?

Your claim that I quoted implies, strongly, that you attribute such actions solely to Conservatives.

Now you say that was brought up only because that's the current speaker of such things (a wild assumption on your part, but nonetheless....)

Can you not see your biases?

Your method of arguing about something astounds me.

BKB

I swear......I was just going to say the same thing about you.

Your throw your bias at me, and others, and then you say no, that you don't do it. Then when confronted, you divert and move off. It's why I said I'd quit arguing politics with Liberals, but I keep losing my mind.

It is clear to any rational observer that in this thread, you threw out a statement that Conservatives want to imprison folks, and are mean, and bad. You did do that.

Then when challenged you said "No, everyone does it and it's always bad".

Then when confronted with THAT, you say "you argue wierdly".

SO, I give up, and am going to cook.

Well. Bye.

BKB

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

BKB

I've read a lot about the spanish lady (spanish flu) of 1918 and in my humble opinion at least 1/4 of those American soldiers died because Woodhead Wilson would never admit that there was an epidemic and kept cramming the soldiers together into such close proximity in camps full of the infected. They died so fast on the ships that they were stacked in the hallways up to the ceilings, but Wilson insisted "There is no epidemic".

I agree with posthole, as long as you isolate the sick and use proper safety protocol, you have a better chance of getting eaten by a shark that contracting Ebola

Some sources say that 100,000,000 + died world wide from the Spanish Lady.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I caught the clap from a "Spanish Lady" once.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

another thing I read about that time, QA, was I guess in major cities they tried varying shifts so workers wouldn't all be on public transportation at the same time.

Its on a different topic, kinda, but my ex wife had an old aunt that has since passed on that came to Oklahoma before statehood (1907). I think she said she was around seven when she came here. She told of lots of kids dying from 'cholera'. My Mom also told me she had cholera as a child and almost died. Aunt Bess told me she'd lost a child from cholera. She blamed it on the well water they drank. Still, life in those times was an iffy proposition no matter where you lived.

BKB

All joking aside ... I did have cholera in beautiful S.E. Asia (also most likely from the well water I was filtering through a t-shirt). In fact, the buddy I just visited in Texas and I both came down with it at the same time as we lived in the same hooch in a jungle village at that time. I was as close to dying as one can possibly get and at one point, was actually WISHING I'd go ahead and die just to get it over with. It's some nasty, nasty stuff! Trust me on that one.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

You're the one making it political
    You are wrong there Posty... I wrote a whole dissertation on how YOU made this political but erased it. Bottom line is you said. "Yet again, it's the old conservative mantra" From that point on YOU made it political. There are two (main) political ways of thinking in this country conservative (Republican) and liberal (Democrat) So when you take a jab and attribute it to conservative thinking you are (and mean too) poke Republicans. It's the Liberal way of doing things so you can say "you turned this political" And 9 times out of 10 if I ain't busy as hell I'm gonna take issue with that kinda jab....