Thread: I'm really beginning to like this cast iron stuff.

I'm really beginning to like this cast iron stuff.

I listed a Griswold frying pan I bought at an estate sale a couple weeks ago. It was a bit "crusty" and really needed a good cleaning. I listed it at $195 with a note saying I'd leave any cleaning up to the purchaser. I listed it late last night and tonight some dude asked if I'd take $175.00. What the heck? ... I let him have it and it'll hit the mail first thing in the morning. I think I'm slowly morphing from Razor King to Cast Iron King.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    How old was it?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    How old was it?
    Younger than Thumper.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Yes.
    and older than baseball.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    How old was it?
    CD, it was that old hammered finish fry pan with the hinged lid. I think it was made in the 40's. It would have brought more if I'd cleaned it, but I sell my CI stuff in "as found" condition because I don't have the patience to clean them properly. I tried cleaning one a while back and seasoning it before selling, but it was such a PITA, I decided to leave that stuff up to the buyer. (I just oil 'em down a bit to keep them from rusting) I could have probably gotten a bit more on this one if I'd held out, but I have a shit-load of stuff to move so I opted for the 24-hour turn-around. I made a quick $125, so I'm happy. Plus it doesn't bog down my money flow if I move it quickly. It doesn't really show in the pics, but this one was a bit "crusty" ... especially inside the lid. I'd love to see it after being properly cleaned.

griswoldhammered1018 001.JPG griswoldhammered1018 004.JPG
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain