Thread: Rifle question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Thanks for all the info guys. At this time I just looking for a rifle to use in case they allow the use of them for deer here in Indiana. I'd like to make it as multi-use as possible so that I don't necessarily NEED another one if I have the opportunity to hunt in other locales.

We all know that guns get lonely in the gun safe and need another of the same type to keep them company, and if you have two guns together in a dark safe, they tend to get together and multiply. (At least that's what I tell my wife when she see's how many guns I have in there.)

I'm guessing that I'd just stay with the one for quite a while since unless I travel, there won't be any need for anything else, and I just don't have the money I used to before having the kids to start buying guns that are species specific like all my shotguns are. I have a shotgun for deer, one for ducks and geese, one for turkey, one for pheasant and rabbits, etc...guns are just too damn expensive any more to get that way with rifles since I'd only be able to hunt one thing with it here.

If this does go through, and it sounds like it's going to, I'll let you know what I get and then we can start the bullet conversation.
    Last edited by DeputyDog; 11-04-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."