Thread: Yesterday was a good day

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Yesterday was a good day

Been doing what I can to keep my mind occupied on pretty much anything but my son's upcoming appointments at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN next Monday so yesterday that amounted to attending the longest pheasant tail feather hunt put on by the sportsman's club that I am a member of. The price is $20 per two man team for adults and free for kids. Teams for wherever they want to hunt but have to be back by 3 pm when tail feathers are measured. It is a 100% payback for the adults with all youth winners getting a prize between $25 and $50 plus a chili feed afterwards.

Long story short, my son, buddy, and I had our limit by 10 AM so we had more then a little time to kill (read, 4 plus hours) to help my 11 year old daughter try to get her first rooster. Though she was pretty bummed about not being able to drop a rooster, she did make a dandy shot on a STARLING. She must have watched her dad or something as she currently has the feet, wings, and tail pinned to a piece of cardboard and salted down with Borax to be displayed at a later date. (Mom doesn't know this yet.)

Anyway, here are a few shots of the day's hunt.

The morning's welcoming committee
    IMG_3438.JPG

My son with my dog Dixie
    IMG_3480.JPG

My buddy and our dogs
    IMG_3465.JPG

My pup with her pup
    IMG_3497.jpg

My gang
    IMG_2008.JPG

The whole gang
    IMG_3488.JPG

And to top it off this is the view from my driveway after the cleanup was done. A great sunset all while listening to two rooster pheasants discuss who was the better bird.
    IMG_3505.JPG
    Last edited by Bwana; 11-04-2014 at 11:44 AM.