Thread: Thank God I'm

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

Thank God I'm

a country boy. my wife has got 4 big bags of greens she's cooking and i can smell the cracklin bread from here. I'm at the table processing venison for the freezer. later this week I'm gonna butcher some rabbits and the boys will be in tomorrow night for a big saturday morning hunt. the weather's cold, the house is warm and the coffee pot is percolating (actually dripping). Saturday night Arkansas and LSU are gonna battle it out like it's 1969.

Don't tell the city folk how good we've got it........
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Country folk! Ha! Sittin' in front of the TV watchin' a dang ball game! Who you tryin' to kid?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    My hero, Vince.

Me too. Now if I didn't have to cut it all short and go home and see about Mother's car! Sigh..
    Oh well. ....I didn't want to get y'all anything for Christmas anyway. .....
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Just got thru with the grinding and bagging of the aforementioned venison and came out with about 85 lbs of boneless meat. Went online and looked at a couple of sites to estimate the live weight and both were pretty close to the same, about 190 lbs on the hoof. Not a bad for an old piney woods buck in southern arkansas. I've killed maybe three bigger weight wise. a 200 lb buck is rare in this part of the country. Those Carolina bucks look bigger than what we have around here or maybe Cap'n just don't shoot no little bucks
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

You gotta figure in cappys stature when he's standing beside one.... Throws your perception off.

A two hundred pound deer is a good'un for around here too! I shot several over the years. The largest was 228 on certified scales at the cotton gin in Morvin NC.
    They don't come often
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    You gotta figure in cappys stature when he's standing beside one.... Throws your perception off.
    We was posting at the same time.
    You can get in line with Thumper and Posty....
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!