Thread: Road kill

Road kill

Just typed a long post on this and the damn app crashed.
    So...

I saw this on way to work
    I didn't cut off the head
    I should have
    I've regretted it all day
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pic two
    Attached Images Attached Images

I repeat all the dumb-ass comments I texted you this morning when you left it.😉

When posting from the forum runner app if you try to post more than one picture it crashes....
    I've learned the hard way to post the narrative and one picture then go to the post and edit and add another picture.
    I lost several post before I figured that out.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Oh and I'm still trying to figure who is the bigger dufe, the one who hit it and left it or you! 😜
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I knew that was coming. ... :/

You shoulda seen the pieces of bumper, plastic and headlight allll over the shoulder. Whatever hit him... Is seriously f'd up!

You could have froze that head solid and shipped it out to Big Sky! That would have been a very cool skull to had.
    Notice how I'm drumming up work for Big Sky?

To paraphrase Josey Wales.... Beetles gotta eat, same as worms....
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    If we had a Dumbazz of The Year Award you'd get my full nomination on this one. Yup you are going to regret this one for a while.

With that said I'm a little guilty myself. Quite a few years ago one of our janitors came in my classroom and mentioned she had seen a pretty big buck laying dead in the borrow ditch on her way to work. She described it, but she didn't know the difference between a mule deer and a whitetail. From her description it sounded like a pretty nice muley buck. I thought about running and having a look, but didn't. She brought it up again a time or two the next couple days. So about 3 days after the fact, I run out after work and go see if I can find it. Yup I find it. It was the biggest bodied whitetail buck I've ever seen. I will never know how big the antlers were because somebody smarter than me had cut them off earlier that day. I got back in my truck and kicked my own butt all the way home.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quite a few of the other officers around here carry a cordless sawz-all in their cars this time of year to get the antlers off of deer like that.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I got your back Arty. I don't mess with roadkill either. Never put a head or horns on the wall that I killed much less a road kill.

Now if it was a 220 B&C, that's another story
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Heck, I'm not going to hang some road kill on the wall. I'm going to clean it up, take a photo or two and make an easy $75.00 to $125.00 on taxidermy.net. I'd no sooner walk past a set of antlers on the ground like that, than I would a hundred dollar bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Skyz View Post
    If we had a Dumbazz of The Year Award you'd get my full nomination on this one. Yup you are going to regret this one for a while. With that said I'm a little guilty myself. Quite a few years ago one of our janitors came in my classroom and mentioned she had seen a pretty big buck laying dead in the borrow ditch on her way to work. She described it, but she didn't know the difference between a mule deer and a whitetail. From her description it sounded like a pretty nice muley buck. I thought about running and having a look, but didn't. She brought it up again a time or two the next couple days. So about 3 days after the fact, I run out after work and go see if I can find it. Yup I find it. It was the biggest bodied whitetail buck I've ever seen. I will never know how big the antlers were because somebody smarter than me had cut them off earlier that day. I got back in my truck and kicked my own butt all the way home.

Trust me. I should nominate MYSELF for it. I can't believe I passed it up.
    It was a big deer.