Thread: Road kill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    If we had a Dumbazz of The Year Award you'd get my full nomination on this one. Yup you are going to regret this one for a while.

With that said I'm a little guilty myself. Quite a few years ago one of our janitors came in my classroom and mentioned she had seen a pretty big buck laying dead in the borrow ditch on her way to work. She described it, but she didn't know the difference between a mule deer and a whitetail. From her description it sounded like a pretty nice muley buck. I thought about running and having a look, but didn't. She brought it up again a time or two the next couple days. So about 3 days after the fact, I run out after work and go see if I can find it. Yup I find it. It was the biggest bodied whitetail buck I've ever seen. I will never know how big the antlers were because somebody smarter than me had cut them off earlier that day. I got back in my truck and kicked my own butt all the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Skyz View Post
    If we had a Dumbazz of The Year Award you'd get my full nomination on this one. Yup you are going to regret this one for a while. With that said I'm a little guilty myself. Quite a few years ago one of our janitors came in my classroom and mentioned she had seen a pretty big buck laying dead in the borrow ditch on her way to work. She described it, but she didn't know the difference between a mule deer and a whitetail. From her description it sounded like a pretty nice muley buck. I thought about running and having a look, but didn't. She brought it up again a time or two the next couple days. So about 3 days after the fact, I run out after work and go see if I can find it. Yup I find it. It was the biggest bodied whitetail buck I've ever seen. I will never know how big the antlers were because somebody smarter than me had cut them off earlier that day. I got back in my truck and kicked my own butt all the way home.

Trust me. I should nominate MYSELF for it. I can't believe I passed it up.
    It was a big deer.