Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pay attention

Captain, Ding Dong was waiting for the Congress, the House in this case, to either pass or reject the Immigration bill that the Senate sent to the House OVER 500 DAYS AGO. That bill essentially does the same thing the president is doing now by executive order plus funds additional border security that you all have been clamoring for. The FACT is that the Republican leadership never even allowed it to the floor to vote. Ask then why. Or better yet read for yourself the reasons why they didn't. Those reasons had nothing to do with what was in the bill by the way. that's why I'm slamming the same piss ass Republicans who block progress on an issue getting all slobbery over when somebody actually fucking does something. If you love this Congress then you must love incompetence. They are ever bit and more as incompetent as Ding Dong ever thought about being. yetr you vote them right back in and even repeat their crazy statements on issue like this.

So either shit or get off the damned pot.

BKB

Again no answer to my question.
    If he REALLY wanted immigration reform as he said he did since he took office WHY did he not do it in the first two years when he had the House, Senate and White House?
    And for some reason you refuse to even acknowledge the HOUSE sent a immigration bill to the SENATE and the senate has not even allowed the bill to be read. But I suppose that OK
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

No its not okay. that's my damned point Larke. The CONGRESS, as in House and Senate has sat on their asses and done nothing. and by the way, the bill the house sent to the senate had an Obamacare poison pill in it. So yeah, that was really all about immigration reform. the bill the Senate sent over to the house did not.

and yeah, he made this move after the elections for a reason. Its a goad. It has not very much to do about immigration reform at all which is another of my points: nobody in Washington really gives a shit about immigration. That's not what this is about at all. so lets quit friggin pretending shall we?

BKB

OK. We are exactly on the same page then. I totally agree with your assessment of the positioning and timing of the "event"
    However I do still take issue with you thinking every time the house holds up a bill its a damn Republican conspiracy....
    The democrats do the same thing.
    And If the courts hold up And say Obama has the right to ignore certain parts of law I hope the next Republican president makes out like a king.
    Two can play that game.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Presidents been doing it for a long time. The other side squeals like this every time.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    No its not okay. that's my damned point Larke. The CONGRESS, as in House and Senate has sat on their asses and done nothing. and by the way, the bill the house sent to the senate had an Obamacare poison pill in it. So yeah, that was really all about immigration reform. the bill the Senate sent over to the house did not.

and yeah, he made this move after the elections for a reason. Its a goad. It has not very much to do about immigration reform at all which is another of my points: nobody in Washington really gives a shit about immigration. That's not what this is about at all. so lets quit friggin pretending shall we?

BKB
    No it's not okay. You specifically slammed Republicans in post 31 above, then when cornered you broadened it to Congress as a whole.

Further, why do you rest your complaints on failing to pass new legislation? They won't enforce current legislation, so why bother passing any at all? Waste of time till the Executive Branch actually begins to enforce existing laws!

You just have an agenda, and want more hard working foreign citizens......and only one reason I can think of.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Oh, and speaking of hypocritical, you slam companies for moving offshore to hire legal foreign citizens in their own country, then get mad when we don't want those same foreigners coming here. Geez.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Oh, one last thing.

Since you and all of the Federal government finds it so untenable to deport so many, you and they have done the opposite. They've opened the borders even wider.

We're being laughed at.

Well, like I said, if you don't like it, friggin do something about it. all you can seemingly do is run your mouth. You do that real well. And its the Republicans who keep yelling to do something and then do absolutely nothing. Thats why I slam them. You have the House and Senate. Do something. Pass something. Do something beside bitch.
    Have you talked to your local sheriff about how much they're enforcing the immigration laws? You, the people who claim to want small government are DEMANDING the government do something. You have no local authority to help fix this? Sure you do. You're like the rest of Arkansas, you profit off of it, so you don't want to do anything but make noise. Your state is one of the worse at this Bucky.

BKB

Sidestepping.

Who does it is immaterial. I blame everyone. You make it political, and keep saying the answer is more worthless legislation.

But only legislation you like.

Bucky, you have a memory about as short as my peter but I actually supported Bush II's Immigration Reform policy. It was basically the bill that's in the House right now. the BIPARTISAN bill. Oh wait, you don't like compromise. He couldn't get that one through Congress because Republican leadership didn't want to piss off the Teabagger electorate. And you can look that one up and see for yourself who killed that. That's the story every time it comes up. and that's why nobody really friggin cares about Immigration Policy. What they care about is pandering to voters. Its the ultimate of shallow politics.

The number of illegals by the way have decreased under Obama, not increased. In fact, it's down from the Bush era high by about a million people. So while you're blaming Ding Dong, yiou might want to check and see how your own ding Dongs have done.

BKB

I'll type slower.

I blame everyone.

Enforce the freaking laws!

I see you'd rather watch your silly Sooner than engage in meaningful dialog with your fellow Americans.

Fine. I'm about to climb down and do the same.

Storm of the century in Fayetteville, headed to us in hours.

I think it might go south of us, but too early to tell.

BKB

The number of illegals by the way have decreased under Obama, not increased. In fact, it's down from the Bush era high by about a million people. So while you're blaming Ding Dong, yiou might want to check and see how your own ding Dongs have done. BKB
    You are 100% correct the numbers are down, and it is a direct reflection of the Ass-Clowns economy! Bush was in office there was jobs and production in the US. Ding Dong got in and tanked the economy and jobs went AWAY.! That IS the ONLY reason they are down under him, NOT because of anything he has done to address the issue.

Well, now that's a new one. First Bucky says the flood gates are open and the border is open now more than ever, and when I show facts that show that illegal immigration are down and deportations are actually UP and you say its because of Obama's' shitty economy. Y'all just make shit up as you go along.

BKB

What do you mean Yall??? I don't...
    I thought you were a man that read and kept up with news. I guess only the news you want to hear.... Where you been the last 6 years?

http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-Ne...o-a-standstill

"Much of the drop in illegal immigrants is due to the persistently weak U.S. economy, which has shrunk construction and service-sector jobs attractive to Mexican workers following the housing bust."

And I think Bucky's comment on the borders being more open now than ever was actually his opinion. One that only time will tell is correct or not.

And I do give credit where credit is due. You are right deportations are up. Due to policy and laws put in place by a real president. That would be "W"

(Don't you hate it when I'm in a stand and and no deer are around? dde08 )

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Barry, I put the recipe we use for canning deer in the college kid.... Post.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Presidents been doing it for a long time. The other side squeals like this every time. BKB
    No they have not.
    Go find me one time when a president has shoved through HIS SIGNATURE LEGISLATION, his baby, his legacy HIS BILL AND LAW, and then within a year has said parts of it he was going to ignore and not allow or enforce. Without sending it back to congress for modification. Show me!

I didn't say they were more open now.

I SAID that current policies will open it more.

Thanks Deppty!

Bite me Cappy and Bucky!

BOomer Sooner!

BKB

And FYI your whole position and argument on immigration is a gigantic red herring.

BKB

So you are not going to acknowledge illegal immigration is down due to Ding Dongs weak ass economy, (even thought I showed you in black and white)
    OR
    Deportations are UP because of Bush's policies
    AND you can't show me where a past president has unilaterally modified his own signature legislation without going back to congress.
    And you say MY points are Red Herrins....
    (Hope your team wins) ;-) (not politically, football)

Captain, there's been lots of executive actions and some of them were good and some of them were bad. FDR suspended the Right of Habeus Corpus, he interred a whole bunch of Japanese, A little thing I like to call the Emancipation Proclamation was enacted by Lincoln. There's a huge precedent for it. The other side never likes it and they whine like you are now.

And no, I don't recognize the economy as the reason illegal immigration is down and I definitely think Obama has deported more people because he was executing the law. Just like he was executing the law that congress passed when all these kids came earlier this year. You know, when you and Bucky and Ted Cruz were all pissed? That was a law passed in 2008. By Congress. Ding Dong and Dubya are both losers IMO so it really don't matter much. But I agree with both of their positions on immigration policy. We need to come out of denial and figure out how to make these people pay their own freight while they're here and we need to make it so they can work and then go home. That will also legitimize businesses who use this labor force and they will also pay the taxes they should be but aren't now. (ya know, the ones CD was so worried about making those with dual citizenship pay)That doesn't exist today, and it doesn't because of the extreme right wrong of the Republican Party. And THAT is a fact.

BKB

Captain, there's been lots of executive actions and some of them were good and some of them were bad. FDR suspended the Right of Habeus Corpus, he interred a whole bunch of Japanese, A little thing I like to call the Emancipation Proclamation was enacted by Lincoln. There's a huge precedent for it. The other side never likes it and they whine like you are now.
    Posthole, both examples you give were in wartime and that gives the presidents the constitutional authority as commander in chief of the armed forces. WHOLE different ballgame. I thought you knew stuff. You can't compare a wartime authority act by a president the same as a spoiled ass clown trying to get his way.... And you should note that president Linclon was a republican and had to fight not only a civil war but northern democrats that did not want the slaves freed. And he only freed the slaves in the south NOT THE NORTH... This was a wartime act. Not something even in the same church as OBummer care.

Keep stretchin'.

BKB

Here's a link to a list of executive actions specifically related to immigration.

BKB

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...-long-history/

And here's a link with all executive actions listed by president. Interestingly enough, Ding Dong is way behind the Idiot

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ecutive_orders

BKB

Keep stretchin'. BKB
    You the one stretching, and trying to spin stuff to make it fit elsewhere.

"The Emancipation Proclamation was a presidential proclamation[1] issued by President Abraham Lincoln on January 1, 1863, as a war measure during the American Civil War, directed to all of the areas in rebellion and all segments of the Executive branch (including the Army and Navy) of the United States. It proclaimed the freedom of slaves in the ten states that were still in rebellion,[2]excluding areas controlled by the Union and thus applying to 3 million of the 4 million slaves in the U.S. at the time. The Proclamation was based on the president's constitutional authority as commander in chief of the armed forces"

IT WAS A WARTIME ACT, not a I didn't get my way act.

So all the next republican president has to do is say OK congress you got 200 days to pass a bill on financial reform and if they don't do it, you are going to be OK with that republican president handleing it anyway he see fit at that time.

I