Thread: Man, those SEC Schools

Man, those SEC Schools

They really play some tough schedules. I think there's three games this week against FBS opponents. At least one of those is competitive.

I guess that's okay though.

BKB

Pretty sure my Dawgs broke their dicks, last week, with that close loss to Bama---25-20....three red zone opportunities for us, and we walked away with zero points, each of those times....Bama did NOT hold us outta the red zones, we threw frigging interceptions....we should have blown out Bama....I still think Bama is not the #1 team in the country....bad as I hate to say it, I think Oregon and Fla. State will play for the Nat'l championship....I won't watch it, if Ohio State gets there....TCU is a possible dark horse, too....those boys will knock your azz off.
    Southern Gentleman

I think those Bulldogs are as good or better than any one loss team out there. And they are for damn sure better than the Semenholes. (Wonder if that'll bring old Diller out of the woodwork?)

I'm anxious to see Ole Miss and Arkansas go at it. Arkansas is just now figuring out they're pretty damn good too! Oughta be a slobberknocker of a game.

We have Kansas and I don't know a Sooner fan one who's confident we'll win. Inconsistency makes a team hard to watch. But it makes it interesting I guess in seeing who'll show up! Looks like we'll have all of our running backs healthy this week for the first time in a number of weeks. That's a heckuva backfield we have this year. I suspect Kansas better get ready to stop the rush.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    My trusty FBS NDSU Bison team has enjoyed playing the SEC teams over the past 4 years.

How are they doing this year Bwana? I haven't been following. Streak still alive?

BKB

The streak ended last week at either 33 or 34 wins but they have beaten all the SEC schools they have played in the past 4 years, which I think is something like 5 or 6.

They are playing their first round playoff game tomorrow. Hopefully they can keep on rolling.

Man, that is an impressive run. I imagine there's quite a bit of pressure off of them now as well.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Which patsies did OU play this year, Mr. Jealous?
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Go Vols, Im pukin as I say it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    The streak ended last week at either 33 or 34 wins but they have beaten all the SEC schools they have played in the past 4 years, which I think is something like 5 or 6.

They are playing their first round playoff game tomorrow. Hopefully they can keep on rolling.
    Pardon my ignorance, Bwana, but I googled NDSU's schedule, all the way back to 2009, and there are no SEC teams on their schedule....am i missing something here??
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-22-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Bucky, the cupcake on our schedule this season was Tennessee it seems.

and I question why these games are scheduled when they are? Just take a bye instead of this nonsense. This makes the SEC look like cheaters IMO.

BKB

Agree.

I like European soccer leagues rules, with tiers. Play up or down each year but never outside their tier.

And wronamundo, you're playing Kansas today!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I thought you asked who our cupcake was on our schedule this year. Yep, we play Kansas in Norman today. Lightning and storming there now and looks like they've pushed the game out to 12:30.

I like that structure too. Play your way into the upper bracket and then you can compete for the Cup. Of course, then there'd really be some politicking going on in college football.

BKB

Frank Broyles tried it and Tom Osborne shut him down.

And Kansas is a cupcake. Texas Tech too.

Play our schedule this year...Se how you do.

The Vanderbilts of the Big 12.

BKB

We didn't get them either.

He'll maybe I've got the whole division thing screwed up. Isn't Kansas State SEC?

No, they are Big 12.

BKB