After another busy weekend the missus and I spent a delightful Friday night with some friends of ours shooting the breeze and eating goodies at a neat local eatery.

Saturday morning the youngest boy and I decided to go pheasant hunting so the boy invited his best friend who had never hunted pheasants before. Did my best to get him his first bird but it was not to be. He shot at somewhere between 6 to 8 birds but just couldn't get anything to fall. My son and I accounted for 3 roosters before calling it a day. The newbie was shown how to clean the birds, proceeded to finish the last two, and then was given all three to take home to Mom and Dad for proper eating.

Sunday was an early morning as I went on a late season Canada Goose hunt with the same friends we spent Friday evening with. It has been quite some time since I've gotten out goose hunting so both the calling and shooting were a bit lacking. In spite of the "rusty parts" and the CRAZY strong wind that kept blowing decoys over or away, we managed to kill 6 honkers and shoot at a few more that lived to see another decoy spread. Got home, emptied out the pickup, cleaned the birds (forgot how attached a goose is to it's skin), and smoked up a batch of deer jerky from the deer my son shot last weekend.

This coming weekend the plan is to try and fill some turkey tags & maybe shoot another pheasant or two. Sure which fall wasn't so short as there is so much to do and so little time to do it!

GooseGangNov232014.jpg