Shot this guy about 7:00 this morning, but instead of falling down like he was supposed to, he decided to take off running....clean out of site.

Waited a little bit and Di and I went down to have a look. At the place where he was standing when I shot....nothing...no blood, no hair, no leaves kicked up...nuttin.

So, I start "tracking" the way he was going. Juuuust about the time I was ready to declare it a miss and call it a day (about 10:00), I found ONE drop of what looked like lung blood. So, we kept on looking and looking for sign. Di was ranging up ahead and I was "bird dogging" looking for sign.

I kept moving in the general direction of the path that I'd seen him take at the shot.

Finally, about 11:00 Di said "There he is!!". I looked up from where I was looking and saw him also. He was laying in a tangle of muscadine vines, and had run a total of about 100 yards. Shot through both front shouders, one broken front leg, and obviously lung shot as well. A pretty tough old SOB I reckon. 99% of the deer I shoot with that load through the front shoulders falls down where they stand and are D.R.T.

Now, I have to ask y'all....how many of y'all's wifes would roam the woods looking for your deer, and THEN drag it out of the vines and brambles (because YOU physically can not)?????

So, I wonder if the local taxyermy man will give me a group discount??????